TL;DR: I'd like to see what's out there for editing software, what do you use and why do you like it?

Hey Everybody! So, I'm only a few months into this YouTube thing, and so far I have learned Windows Movie Maker (because I already had it on my computer) and Premiere.

Now obviously Movie Maker is no longer supported (which is too bad because it was quite easy to learn/use), but it's where I began, and probably would've stuck with, but for whatever reason I was ALWAYS getting 'kicked out'/ having it freeze/ restart etc.

So then I've been learning Premiere for a couple months now and it is HUGE and AWESOME, and I know I have barely scratched the surface of what this can do. I'm loving seeing the learning process on each vid. Except I've been having a lot of problems with the audio syncing then unsyncing from the video over time while editing. (Ironically enough, a trick that has been working for me to fix that is opening the raw video footage in Movie Maker then saving it as an MP4, then opening that MP4 in Premiere, but it's definitely at a lower quality)

Both situations are very frustrating, so I was wondering what do you all use and why do you like it?

Im new to the forum, ive started editing recently with filmora wandershare, its enough for what i need for my trip vlogs ive been putting up. People enjoy them so its all good.
Nicky

I use Sony Vegas Pro. I'm more accustomed to it now but I only do simple editing for my videos. None of those really heavy editing with lots of effects

Mac : Final cut pro x
Pc : Black magic davinci Resolve

Considering resolve it's free it's almost unbelievable what it can do.

Adobe premiere is also a great cross platform editor.

I started off with Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 (they are on 15 now) and it honestly was a great program. Even though it was good enough for me, I did end up upgrading to Adobe Premiere Pro which does give me some more power and ease of use. The downside is that it is a monthly subscription.

Back