Understanding Taxes for Self-Employed YouTubers

Yes I earned more than $600 in 2013 and it was all from Youtube. Payment from a network if that matters (network does not help with taxes though).
Did you fill out a W9 form with your network and/or AdSense? That's required if you're going to get a 1099-Misc form (generally that should be handled through your network).

Did you fill out a W9 form with your network and/or AdSense? That's required if you're going to get a 1099-Misc form (generally that should be handled through your network).
Yes I filled out the W9 form when I joined the network in March 2013. Who is supposed to send the 1099-Misc?

I would assume your network, so I would start with them.
Damn I was hoping it wouldn't come to that. I just left Fullscreen and they hate me now. Anyways thanks for your help. I will contact them now.

Wait if networks send them and I'm transferring networks in the middle of a year... well things get even more complicated, don't they?...

Last edited:
Damn I was hoping it wouldn't come to that. I just left Fullscreen and they hate me now. Anyways thanks for your help. I will contact them now.

Wait if networks send them and I'm transferring networks in the middle of a year... well things get even more complicated, don't they?...
Well then you'd get a 1099-Misc from both networks. Not that complicated really.

Do I also have to fill out the 1040 form?
Oh yeah ... everyone has to do the 1040 for annual income tax, even if all you get is a refund (and/or don't owe any taxes). Always good to get into the habit. Depending on how much you earned, you might just get away with just a 1040-EZ form.

Well this was my reply from Fullscreen:
"We do not issue 1099 or W2 forms to channel partners. Partners should reference their earnings statements from PayPal to document income."

Back