Understanding Taxes for Self-Employed YouTubers

This is some great information, having just left the military, made some money from YouTube and having a part time job to kill time my taxes sound like their going to be a disaester, luckily I get that 1099 to help keep things straight. I was already going through my bank account to make records, don't need to now!

duuuuuuude amazing diagram ... w8 ...

My accountant told me that I can take out business expenses and I don't own an LLC and I'm not a part of any partnerships. Do you think this might be California specific?

how the hell did you get an accountant as young as you are ????
... can i get one ? i mean are they free ? or a trial version or something ?
i mean how do you get an accountant ... or fot that matter a manager ?

... can i get one ? i mean are they free ? or a trial version or something ?
i mean how do you get an accountant ... or fot that matter a manager ?
Search around for CPA's in your local area but their professional services are not free. Most will give you a free consultation though.

I don't live in America but I'm a bit curious about this.

If an American YouTuber flew to say VidCon, could they include all expenses (flights, accommodation, etc) in their business expenses? (I would imagine that you could argue that conventions directly benefit your success because it's like advertising in a way.)

I don't live in America but I'm a bit curious about this.

If an American YouTuber flew to say VidCon, could they include all expenses (flights, accommodation, etc) in their business expenses? (I would imagine that you could argue that conventions directly benefit your success because it's like advertising in a way.)
Yes, except for meals, which can only have 50% of their cost count as a deduction.

Back