Twitter Promotion Starter Guide

Luke Orchard

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Good advice! My twitter is essential for my channel and where the majority of my views come from. I'm now going on it everyday to help grow my channel from there.

jwl9brla

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The only reason I have a twitter account is to promote my YouTube videos. I think social media is full of just a bunch of people who tend to judge you when something makes them uncomfortable. That's just how I feel about it. That's why I stopped checking my Facebook account as much.

Kendra

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you guys have a separate Twitter account for YouTube? I want to promote my videos on Twitter, but I'm not sure if I should use my personal Twitter for that, because I don't want to totally spam all of my friends who follow me, and probably wouldn't be interested in watching my videos since not a lot of them watch YouTubers.

jwl9brla

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you guys have a separate Twitter account for YouTube? I want to promote my videos on Twitter, but I'm not sure if I should use my personal Twitter for that, because I don't want to totally spam all of my friends who follow me, and probably wouldn't be interested in watching my videos since not a lot of them watch YouTubers.
I didn't start using my twitter account until I became active on YouTube but I've gained like 3 followers a day since, but I only had like 5 followers when I started.

TMBH

Nice Man
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I didn't start using my twitter account until I became active on YouTube but I've gained like 3 followers a day since, but I only had like 5 followers when I started.
I guess this is something I need to get going on. Everything you all are saying makes sense, but it just seems overwhelming to start a brand new twitter account associated with my channel and start finding connections. I have a strange niche and I'm struggling to think of how to make the right connections.

Rhodri Powell

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's important to have two separate twitter accounts, not from a promotional point of view but for the fact that you still need a way communicating with close friends. As your channel grows and followers grow it's going to get harder to keep up with what your friends are up to so I'd have a separate one for the youtube account.

I guess this is something I need to get going on. Everything you all are saying makes sense, but it just seems overwhelming to start a brand new twitter account associated with my channel and start finding connections. I have a strange niche and I'm struggling to think of how to make the right connections.
TMBH you have a VERY niche channel! I love it!
I'd imagine it's going to be quite difficult to find followers on Twitter for a channel like yours but I'd see that as a good thing because it means you are doing something new that nobody else is!
I'd recommend using and searching for hashtags (by the way auto correct turned hashtags into hostages, thank god I noticed that! Don't go searching for hostages!) I'm sure you can dig out the people who are going to really enjoy your content through relatable hashtags!

Reactions: TMBH

TMBH

Nice Man
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
[QUOTE="TMBH you have a VERY niche channel! I love it!
I'd imagine it's going to be quite difficult to find followers on Twitter for a channel like yours but I'd see that as a good thing because it means you are doing something new that nobody else is!
I'd recommend using and searching for hashtags (by the way auto correct turned hashtags into hostages, thank god I noticed that! Don't go searching for hostages!) I'm sure you can dig out the people who are going to really enjoy your content through relatable hashtags![/QUOTE]

So I've gone and done this for the past few days just like you suggested and it's going great. I've picked up a bunch of solid followers, seen my subs go up, and had some nice engagement with my content as a result. I've got a lot to learn about the Twitter thing, but your advice was good and it's already paying dividends. Thanks a ton.

FlashToroGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I need to start using Twitter more often I know that much. i do work more on perfecting my channel and I love it the way it is, but when I'm not on Youtube I'm either, gaming, recording, editing, on Twitch, or messaging people. So I do need to get used to just looking through the Twitter site to gain more followers.

spongeebobble

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm finding it difficult to find people with the same interests as me. I've searched loads of things and all that i've found are people re-tweeting videos from large youtubers.

Also, once you found someone, what do you message them to start a converstation?

Last edited:

wonderwonderwonderman

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I never auto-direct message, but people don't respond usually, even when I personalize my message. At one point I didn't link or advertise at all in DMs but people still didn't respond.

Oh and talking about meaningful stuff can be very time consuming. Any tips on expediting that process?