Twitter Promotion Starter Guide

Fudgetruck

Twitter Promotion Starter Guide

So you’ve got a Twitter, and you ask people to follow you in your YouTube videos, but it doesn’t always seem to yield good results? While asking people to follow you on Twitter might get you some results, it’s not exactly the best way to go about looking for more Twitter followers and conversations. While it’s not something you should omit from your videos entirely, it shouldn’t be your main focus.

Getting more followers and Twitter can be a complicated and time consuming process, but once you start to get more followers and engage in meaningful conversations, it makes it all worthwhile.

To start, the best way to get followers on Twitter is to simply spend time on Twitter. You may already know how twitter works, spending time on it here and there or maybe even when you’re outside on your phone. But let’s be real with ourselves, most of us spend the majority of our time perfecting our YouTube channel. While the social media outlets are there for us, we often do neglect them. Your first goal is to take some time out every day and start using Twitter on a regular basis.

Finding people with the same interests as you is very important when looking to grow your Twitter. Engaging in meaningful conversations with people that have similar interests is literally the best way to gain new followers, plus it shows to other people that you have an active and healthy Twitter account, and they may be more inclined to follow you because of that. If you find someone on Twitter that has similar interests as you, and find yourself possibly talking to them in the future, don’t hesitate to follow them, chances are they might see the similarities between your interests and may very well follow you back. That action by itself can spark a large amount of discussion.

Remember that even though large numbers on any format looks good, you’re looking for true engagement. You’re looking for people that share similar interests, and are genuinely interested in your content, or a specific topic as a whole. When you meet people that are interested in your content, or simply interested in the same things you are, you run a better chance of them actually caring about the content you produce. Let’s make a comparison to YouTube for a moment. We all know what true subscribers are, and what empty subscribers are. Empty subscribers are those that have subscribed but don’t frequent your channel. While it’s nice to look at those numbers, they won’t be visiting your channel. Take this for example. You have 700 subscribers, and a close friend of yours has 500. Their viewership averages 400 video views per video, while yours only averages 150. While your friend has fewer subscribers than you, they have a higher number of active subscribers. What could be the cause of this? Your friend takes extra time out of their day to promote their videos and content with people that are interested in the content that is being produced. Whether this is through Twitter or another means is left to be identified, but what this comes down to is that your friend has a large amount of engaging and genuine followers and subscribers. This can be done with Twitter, but it takes time.

So let’s break down the process.

1. Start using Twitter at regular intervals

2. Find people with similar interests to you

3. Engage in meaningful conversations with these people

4. Inform them that you make content similar to both of your interests

5. Invite them to check out the content you make, ask if they have content as well

6. Share content that is related to your interests

7. Repeat these steps daily

This is just a simple layout of how to get things started. By no means is this an end all guide on how to gain more followers on Twitter, but it’s a good basis to start earning engaging followers and possibly subscribers on YouTube. These two things can work hand in hand with each other, as long as you know how to get started.

If you have anything additional to add please feel free to share below.

Thank you! I've been trying to find different ways to gain twitter followers without randomly following people who I won't even acknowledge! :)

You're both very welcome. This method takes time and dedication, but has a very high yield. It's much better to have an engaging audience, rather than an empty one.

Great guide! Wow, this got stickied so quickly...I am definitely gonna have to start using these tips to grow my YouTube + Twitter accounts.

Thanks for the guide, I'm trying to work on implementing a Twitter soon too, I just wish the name bSMPlays wasn't taken! :(

Thanks for the guide, I'm trying to work on implementing a Twitter soon too, I just wish the name bSMPlays wasn't taken! :(

I have a post similar to this on Branding and Demographics. I can't post a link to it though :( Sorry. It's an in depth breakdown on Demographic targeting and Branding. If you haven't had the chance to read it, you should be able to find it on the first page of the posts i've made when looking in my profile. Maybe reading that article might help with deciding a Twitter name since the one you want is already taken :)

I have a post similar to this on Branding and Demographics. I can't post a link to it though :( Sorry. It's an in depth breakdown on Demographic targeting and Branding. If you haven't had the chance to read it, you should be able to find it on the first page of the posts i've made when looking in my profile. Maybe reading that article might help with deciding a Twitter name since the one you want is already taken :)

After reading this I went to see who had the name bSMPlays, and turns out it was me! LOL

I must have made it a long time ago and then forgot about it. I feel so clumsy, yet happy at the same time since I can finally start my Twitter up now!

Hi, I'm still a bit confused on really how to use it, as I'm not sure how to tell my subscribers about it. Literally just made my account.

Back