Today I checked my earnings for (April 29, 2017) my revenue went up to $320. For the month of April I made over 7,000,000 which is about $7000 but with the whole Youtube Boycott it dropped to 80%. What do you guys think? I'm confident Youtube will be better than ever. Btw f**k Wall Street Journal

Dude that is literally free market, lol.

Agree to radically disagree on this point. If the free market were to be completely governed and controlled by the whims of big companies through expression of their money and power, then why is there the "Antitrust Law" to prevent big companies from doing just that?[DOUBLEPOST=1493656673,1493656064][/DOUBLEPOST]So here are some graphs to show what my channel has been doing. You can see that my ad revenue stayed pretty consistent with my channel growth. The in the last month has my channel grew more sharply then ever before, my revenue went down in the same time period. Some might try to claim that this is just standard market fluctuations. If they are correct and this has nothing to do with the bullying of youtube by ad companies, then I should see a dramatic rise in revenue in the next couple months. All thing being equal, I should be earning about triple what I am earning now by the end of June. Of course, that is only if the youtube ad boycott as nothing to due with my revenue drop. On the other hand, if the ad boycott is the cause and not these "Quarterly fluctuations" as some claim, then my revenue will continue to drop.

One good experiment is worth ten thousand pounds of theory. Let's see what the truth is!

94vZQxhPVS9196Djr5sG4Qk_FbtX3YpBsUhIwEne72D2hhNXGHNcnHllYHrXIx3mBIQyf34k183hkNci-BHz_oKzShnCAEbh3VhDrTlxWSAfREHeKOkCQZLuu4sAGvJ99ELyZ8nzfLE58Zsqt9eU7g0gQ3L9d1nJ-OzIz0F38qUcKgnbpLnwsq9r_sDDrBPeayf4by9VKx5FpNMwqoVlXLADHNtiSB_HOjPaArxO8rAnps-6JAR5C8_xOYzOqUg9u6oaABoXeE6P8u-OPpXfZ2HWjaesIu-LrJsnUJ8c4M_kQGrZeCVwfBB5IH6Hzrpm-suE4CwGxXEe4bMLhMwhOKzF9fjmAhZLSzl1YCjKvcbWL-KG-MJDFn_bn4EBNiXgP-VANdl0-7oMJvyahqY-0U12dlgERKTFEoCTCqHjMpY9RA6ccIGcaSTzpfL-EJqTySj_NQ3iHS0qYyuAKGeKyuQJKc9PkDJTqZkKUz2_g8aJI-XTfNzk0j6xa9_U7j6IWSsQpjjvB8AdEZz2XjvAPnGdAdBt917dh3pqbRlixNJbwyVxdfJAI8qriIt2rTfhoXBpesMShbGzntAeellHihWTNrjeGKn0er3s85GGNrsAx5jch5CYhA=w1465-h624-no

eB6Do_DOaEOfTRzkVk2WJRUA4dH5ImK4UDh1xYejYh9CONAGcJrRBLtOD1ggdR-uJ0RK5XZzsCNuxm22ZhmRvQp8YBcIdwcnh7FGhl58jg-2dg2i1XPeAkLYipdOKhbK9x4Uxth11tUBV-86o_iWLlgmlkiBmdjsg2JYqDXm202-ZHh8bEu4wGLMwF906z4bQcwM5wOZdAdCXWq7G6CNlNdak5sfWVKMNTfZA2zyjdarG-Qb8ZMFMXSm2vxihWGsHS6OuFvbSBoO8D46pPyXZjkfnQF0XynF8fiEkoVqt7RXLeTv7Rcxr2Vmli0Qy5Wu8XBS3VY_vQzAQDiZzRM_g1Y1fQ5u8rqZj0jTPdR0c3MoknKovfDx96BS7brAymGkes8vZvvRwuFMgRCb3_OLYVN2M7g-etWU1dch_b5Ea3faW3DaJ2lgrmKBJYiiOHVEq_9mCK6z4GqD-yyfTGdgIBbsKV3gmFJQ_s79Te1nX8z9Q0Vkoy5aM65vmZFR9OiwrkpT4X2m8UqchIqKh7eP40GhIkyfoX2FrldPSZCV2ZZFTyt54d3DAlC0EyIwAzk_ZSbH0USQEf3yaLcua1GNnSJaG9ACjze0Y_f18Zzm39504QFy6RxAGg=w1453-h623-no

What is currently happening with the ads and revenue is not related to the Boycott itself, it's related to youtube and adwords. I manage a few YT channels and also do a lot of adwords advertising. Starting from late march / early april all my youtube ad campaigns stopped (no errors or warnings or anything like that, the ads just stopped appearing on youtube). Created some new adword campaigns and it was the same, they were approved but were not shown on youtube.
Contacted youtube support and they told me youtube is doing some changes (the advertiser friendly stuff) and advertisers are no longer able to place ads on youtube. What i find strange is that there are still ads on youtube - so it seems some advertisers are allowed to show ads (at minimal considering there is no ad competition right now) and some channels still have their revenue intact.
So if you were hit by this (like we were), then you're not on youtube's favorite list...

m8ochy.png
[/IMG]
m8ochy.png

Sad

Yes, very sad. The only people that are take a financial hit in this whole mess is the creators. Neither google or youtube are losing money. They are juicing the creators to make up for any revenue drop. So typical. Take food out of the poor man's mouth to feed the rich man's party guest.

@Dziugas
106k views and $12?? My goodness, this would drive me crazy. I really feel sorry for you.
My RPM is higher than it was a year ago (easily above $1 /1000 views). And it is like this since the year started.
So...for some reason the sudden revenue drop didn't effect my market niche at all, which is reviews and tutorials on camera stuff.

Back