Significant drop in views over night?

I also have some fluctuation, mainly "spike-y" increases in views which then taper off again.
I do by far not have high enough numbers for really drilling down into the data (I'm currently at about 220 views in a 48h window).
I can't do anything but stand and watch things evolving...

There were lots of posts on the YouTube subreddit about people all getting really weird videos suggested to them. It probably has to do with that.

As far as my views during that time... meh.
78C4F49A-2F1D-49D9-A0E6-142734070DED.png

Yep.

ivcp3a.png

The reason was suggested videos. If you watched a video during that 4-5 hours, most of the time virtually all the suggested videos were from the same channel you were watching.

Yep.
The reason was suggested videos. If you watched a video during that 4-5 hours, most of the time virtually all the suggested videos were from the same channel you were watching.
It is something bigger than just the suggested videos. YouTube is testing some really big change. Yesterday around 11 pm CET I had just a look at the hourly analytics and I saw something really weird.

I had a drop from 185 views per minute to 0 (ZERO) per minute for a period of 20 minutes then the views returned but to only around 100 per minute. It is either some bug or a test rollout of a new algorithm change, where channels get shadowed.

Thanks everyone that posted. Although my views are still a little down I have seen a recovery.

Thanks everyone that posted. Although my views are still a little down I have seen a recovery.

The same here. I think we lost around 20-30% of the traffic from our main video. Obviously there was some "rewiring" of suggested videos on YouTube.

Back