Significant drop in views over night?

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I also have some fluctuation, mainly "spike-y" increases in views which then taper off again.
I do by far not have high enough numbers for really drilling down into the data (I'm currently at about 220 views in a 48h window).
I can't do anything but stand and watch things evolving...

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
There were lots of posts on the YouTube subreddit about people all getting really weird videos suggested to them. It probably has to do with that.

As far as my views during that time... meh.
78C4F49A-2F1D-49D9-A0E6-142734070DED.png

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yep.

The reason was suggested videos. If you watched a video during that 4-5 hours, most of the time virtually all the suggested videos were from the same channel you were watching.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Mine went down 6% last night but it went back up but I have no idea what happened or why that happened

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hmm... I didn't notice anything different going on for my channel. Everything looks normal. :eek:

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yep.
The reason was suggested videos. If you watched a video during that 4-5 hours, most of the time virtually all the suggested videos were from the same channel you were watching.
It is something bigger than just the suggested videos. YouTube is testing some really big change. Yesterday around 11 pm CET I had just a look at the hourly analytics and I saw something really weird.

I had a drop from 185 views per minute to 0 (ZERO) per minute for a period of 20 minutes then the views returned but to only around 100 per minute. It is either some bug or a test rollout of a new algorithm change, where channels get shadowed.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks everyone that posted. Although my views are still a little down I have seen a recovery.

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks everyone that posted. Although my views are still a little down I have seen a recovery.
The same here. I think we lost around 20-30% of the traffic from our main video. Obviously there was some "rewiring" of suggested videos on YouTube.

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yup, views dropped to virtually nothing for about 5 hours.
Seems to be recovering now.