Significant drop in views over night?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good day

Has anyone else experianced a significant drop off in views over night?

I woke up this morning. I checked my numbers as per usual and found that I recieved probably 10% of the views I would normally expect by that time?

I investigated and every single one of my top performing videos from around midnight seems to almost switch off all at the same time? They all dropped to about 10% of the usual views.

I have no strikes etc, channel is monetised, all seems normal.

Maybe a new algorythm change?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I noticed quite the opposite, I had spike of views, but it was expected as I uploaded some hot videos and rescheduled them earlier than what I've planned to, so my subscribers won't have to wait. I saw on some other forums, people complaining as well. Some dudes think it is related to a change in the YouTube suggestion system. I saw spike in views of some old videos, that were related to the new uploads, so the suggestions on the right probably changed to suggesting more videos from the channel that the video is currently, than from outside channels. That little change can decrease the views of videos having lots of traffic from suggested.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some dudes think it is related to a change in the YouTube suggestion system.
Have you a link to that thread? I would also say that I am experiancing the same.

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I haven't noticed any massive changes in views overnight particularly, certainly not on the level described anyway

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yes around 4-5 am European time our top video was almost completely "disconnected". After that it recovered more or less. Clearly thee was some update going on in the system. I think I noticed similar but much smaller drop few days ago (for around an hour).

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes around 4-5 am European time our top video was almost completely "disconnected".
Thanks - perhaps similar to me then. I have recovered somewhat but still down on usual. Oh well there is nothing I can do other that carry on!

Reactions: chottom

JackJack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, our views were down massively on all our channels for about 3-4 hours, although one video saw a massive spike. It seems that either there was an algorithm change, or some kind of view counting error. Everything seems normal this morning.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
no changes here, usually numbers

VicvideopIC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
My channel is only six months old, but I had always experienced a constant growth of views and subscribers.
In the last 10 all of a sudden it slowed down considerably and it has not yet fully recovered. It is the first time that I experience a slowdown.
I must add that only a small percentage of my views come from suggested (around 20-25%)