PARTNER NETWORKS ON YOUTUBE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus Monkeyton

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Thanks to everyone for a very informative thread. I've read through most of the pages, but I didn't see if there was really a benefit for existing YouTube Partners to joining a network? I know they take a cut and percentages vary by network etc. So, I'm just wondering if it's best to stay an independent Director channel? Or join a network for say a year and see if their promotional machine helps any?

There are some things I wanted to address from this thread regarding Partners and Partnerships:
As for my channel, I've worked like crazy to build it, to be honest, probably putting in over 50 hours a week at times... yeah, beyond crazy ha.
I truly enjoy making videos, creating and interacting with people. I didn't take any shortcuts and keep to the proper YouTube etiquette, if there is such a thing.
So, for me at that time Partnership was a big deal, and I'm still proud that I worked and still work hard at something I really enjoy.

That said, I understand the desire to achieve and to excel that my fellow YouTubers share. I don't like if it leads them to cheat the system, but I can only control what I do and how I feel. Therefore, I don't think the drive for Partnership in and of itself is something terrible, and it's not fair to lump the good, honest folks in with the bad. Now, I'd be lying if I said that money wasn't a motivator for myself or others, but such is life, entertainment, art and commerce. After all, we are all just hustling for a buck and a dime. However, if achieved through honest effort, is it so bad that these hobbies and interests grow creatively and as result financially? We are fortunate to live in this era where this is possible. I believe we can achieve a lot on YouTube, whatever our creative outlet, talent or skill.

Well, that's enough ranting and/or preaching haha :)

ozbigbang

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Gamer
I have a very low view count and not a lot of subscribers, but I would bring more to the table if I was part of a network since I'd be getting money. I was click-bombed, so my adsense has been disabled as well as my monetization tab.
You can report to adsense about this if you sure that is not your click. You must be aware with sudden increase of adsense income and report it immidiately

VlogSalad

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks to everyone for a very informative thread. I've read through most of the pages, but I didn't see if there was really a benefit for existing YouTube Partners to joining a network? I know they take a cut and percentages vary by network etc. So, I'm just wondering if it's best to stay an independent Director channel? Or join a network for say a year and see if their promotional machine helps any?

There are some things I wanted to address from this thread regarding Partners and Partnerships:
As for my channel, I've worked like crazy to build it, to be honest, probably putting in over 50 hours a week at times... yeah, beyond crazy ha.
I truly enjoy making videos, creating and interacting with people. I didn't take any shortcuts and keep to the proper YouTube etiquette, if there is such a thing.
So, for me at that time Partnership was a big deal, and I'm still proud that I worked and still work hard at something I really enjoy.

That said, I understand the desire to achieve and to excel that my fellow YouTubers share. I don't like if it leads them to cheat the system, but I can only control what I do and how I feel. Therefore, I don't think the drive for Partnership in and of itself is something terrible, and it's not fair to lump the good, honest folks in with the bad. Now, I'd be lying if I said that money wasn't a motivator for myself or others, but such is life, entertainment, art and commerce. After all, we are all just hustling for a buck and a dime. However, if achieved through honest effort, is it so bad that these hobbies and interests grow creatively and as result financially? We are fortunate to live in this era where this is possible. I believe we can achieve a lot on YouTube, whatever our creative outlet, talent or skill.

Love your preaching :L it's great to see someone else puts in so much effort to boost their channel.. If it becomes successful I'd love to get to the point where that is my full time job!... Something I'd absolutely do for free! :p

Ill check out your channel now :)

Reactions: Gabriella Brown

DylanCombs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

This exactly. I agree with every word. I worked SO hard to get my partnership. I applied 4 seperate times over 2 years, and was so excited when I finally got it. That said, I'm still considering a partner network if I see enough benefit to switch but it's hard to see any real advantages so far for me. Until that changes, I'm just fine with the partnership I have now. I may not have a network behind me, but I earned it myself and it's all mine :)

Gus Monkeyton

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
This exactly. I agree with every word. I worked SO hard to get my partnership. I applied 4 seperate times over 2 years, and was so excited when I finally got it. That said, I'm still considering a partner network if I see enough benefit to switch but it's hard to see any real advantages so far for me. Until that changes, I'm just fine with the partnership I have now. I may not have a network behind me, but I earned it myself and it's all mine :)
Yeah, I was denied the first time then I got it several months later. It's funny, a few days after I posted this message I received an email from VISO/BroadbandTV. They are interested in my channel etc. I really don't see the benefits of going with a network once you're already a YT Partner. In the email they mentioned launching VISO Comedy and that they are in the top 6 networks. I think I just would rather stay independent. I'm going to keep an eye on some of their other partners and see how they fair on their new network. I want to see if they gain viewership and subscribers from being on VISO.

Mozzer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Accuza.com is a new network, thought you would like to add that to the list. Run by Who's Kona and TheAffectedRyan.

Gus Monkeyton

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
So, I decided to get some info from the folks at VISO/BroadbandTV since they approached me about joining their network.
I was told that their standard contract was 5 years! No way, not even feasible. On top of that they said it was a 60/40 split.
I figured I'd share since it was informational and not a non-disclosure etc.

itsrllyraven

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just wanted to ask since I can't find anything anywhere else but um...does anyone know anything on style haul? I know it's not a gaming channel/network but I've seen a couple BG's on here and figured it was worth asking.

bossramsay

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great thread i want to get Partner shipped by SocialBlade. Im hoping i can soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.