Over 30 - am i too old to start doing YT?

I first started a channel a few years ago when I was 30/31 I think and I was really enjoying it. I didn't get a lot of subs,36 I think, but I didn't care. The way I looked at it was I enjoyed making videos so I am going to make them, I didn't have the notion of getting famous as I knew I would likely ended up being disappointed. Unfortunatly not long after that I ended up in hospital, where I found out I had a brain tumor and fluid blocked up there, meaning I needed surgery. So while that happened I had to put the channel on hold for a long time. Eventually I lost the love of creating content and fell into depression.

Recently I have found the craving to do it again, I am now 34. I am still depressed but my plan is to use youtube and the motivation of creating, to help me through the depression and hopefully realise my dream of travelling the world. I still have the same mindset about the "getting famous" lark and am in no way going to do it thinking I will make a load of money and be famous. Personally I don't care if I get famous or make a ton of money, just knowing that if I even make one person smile or motivate them in some way, then I will be happy.

So in answer to the question of whether being over 30 is too old to start Youtube, then I only have one answer. That all depends on how you feel about it. At end of the day, if it is something you really want to do then you are not too old to go for it. I believe this is true about Youtube aswell as life in general.

hi guys,

i am new here. I would like to start a YT channel and have lots of channel ideas. I don't know what my niche would be yet because i have different niche ideas. I am 32 yrs old female. Is being over 30, too old to start youtube?

---------------

background on myself. (you don't need to read this next bit if you don't want to but i hope you do so you could give me some better advice)

I am a 32 yr old female. I am not from USA and for the longest time. I've always wanted to be famous. Between the ages of 18-21. I auditioned to reality shows in my country like big brother, game shows etc and never got picked.

By the time i turned 22. I gave up on the idea of wanting fame and decided to settle for a normal life.

Between the ages of 25-30. Life got really bad. I started getting health issues and one of my parents got cancer and died from cancer. I became severely depressed and gained a huge amount of weight. I gained 90lbs over the last 6 yrs.

there have been times over the last 3 yrs that i wanted to start a youtube channel but my depression and my confident issues due to my weight gain has made me doubt myself.

I am now ready to start a youtube channel. I have a couple niche channel ideas. One niche channel idea weight loss and documenting my weight loss journey. I would like to lose the 90lbs i gained. I also have other niche ideas which are about my hobbies.

Then i realize. 80% of youtube viewers are teenage kids and the most popular youtubers are all in the early-mid 20's. The oldest female youtuber that is really popular is trisha paytas and i think she's the same age as me but she started her channel years ago when she was in her mid 20's

So has the ship sailed for me? Is being over 30, too old to start youtube?

I'm pushing 40 and I'm not going anywhere (I guess it helps that I don't look my age). Don't let it be a factor. Some people on Youtube like the Nostalgia Critic and Game Sack are full fledged adults, not just teens, and they do just fine.

I'm 50 and uploading regularly. It's hard to know whether my age is a barrier to growth or not, but it's not a thing I can do anything about so I don't worry about it.

If it's something you want to try then go ahead, and do it.

Good luck.

Steve

Your never to old lol, plus ide rather be to old than to to young, got me at 16 with a camera, i wouldn't live it down

hi guys,

i am new here. I would like to start a YT channel and have lots of channel ideas. I don't know what my niche would be yet because i have different niche ideas. I am 32 yrs old female. Is being over 30, too old to start youtube?

---------------

background on myself. (you don't need to read this next bit if you don't want to but i hope you do so you could give me some better advice)

I am a 32 yr old female. I am not from USA and for the longest time. I've always wanted to be famous. Between the ages of 18-21. I auditioned to reality shows in my country like big brother, game shows etc and never got picked.

By the time i turned 22. I gave up on the idea of wanting fame and decided to settle for a normal life.

Between the ages of 25-30. Life got really bad. I started getting health issues and one of my parents got cancer and died from cancer. I became severely depressed and gained a huge amount of weight. I gained 90lbs over the last 6 yrs.

there have been times over the last 3 yrs that i wanted to start a youtube channel but my depression and my confident issues due to my weight gain has made me doubt myself.

I am now ready to start a youtube channel. I have a couple niche channel ideas. One niche channel idea weight loss and documenting my weight loss journey. I would like to lose the 90lbs i gained. I also have other niche ideas which are about my hobbies.

Then i realize. 80% of youtube viewers are teenage kids and the most popular youtubers are all in the early-mid 20's. The oldest female youtuber that is really popular is trisha paytas and i think she's the same age as me but she started her channel years ago when she was in her mid 20's

I'm 33 and I did a Twerking Panda Riding a Roomba video not way too long ago... To me age is just a measurement, it's just a number that shows how long you have existed in the chemical reaction we call life. Your youth and age are separate, youth is how you feel, age is a measurement of how far you are along in the chemical reaction. I feel way younger than I am, but I also feel wiser than I did a couple years ago.

hi guys,

---------------

Totally not! Yeah the demographic for Youtube audiences is quite young, but the community is huge and people of varying ages, interests and niches watch and subscribe to Youtube. Create whatever your thing is and run with it, don't consider your age as a barrier!

hi guys,

---------------

Remember Morgan Freeman was like 137 before he became famous. It's never too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suggest you start your channel and give it your best shot.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Doing it well and getting a positive reception will definitely improve your confidence.

I started my channel in late 2009.

Oh yeah, and I was 57 at the time.

Back