Over 30 - am i too old to start doing YT?

bb109

Reaction score
ok so i just discovered the channel called Tati today. It's a makeup guru channel. i never heard of her before. she looks about mid-late 30's. she looks a few yrs older than me.

she has over 2 mill subs and she's getting between 400k-1 million views each video. This is the first time i've seen a makeup guru who looks mid 30's with that many subs and views. I can't believe i never heard of her.

even though i am not planning on doing a makeup channel. It has made me feel alot more positive and encouraged because i know most makeup channel viewers are teen girls and tati has been able to create a successful channel despite this.

Julius Gacgacao

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Never too late to start YouTube. There a quotes that not really relates to me but it will to you.

You spend your 20's figuring it out, and you spend you 30's doing it.
- Casey Neistat

Reactions: HausofN7 and bb109

Snake delta

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No ! not at all experience comes with age i think the better channels nowadays have older hosts, I was 38 just turned 41 :) when i started uploading and love it as a hobby so please start you'll love the journey as long as you love making the content , all the best to your channel :)

Reactions: bb109

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I don't think YOUTUBE has to do anything with how old you are. It is never too late to start a YOUTUBE channel, start the channel as early as possible and grow consistently.

Queeningdaily365

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
No of course not, there is no age limit, there is something for everyone target audience

Tyron Fedrick

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
30 is still young and I believe there is nothing wrong with having a YT channel even at age 50.

HausofN7

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think you can be 100 and have a youtube channel so don't worry about it! :)

Solitary Dan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So funny that this is the first thread I'm commenting on. I am 31 and have just started vlogging on YouTube. It is my goal to become a travel vlogger and to make money while I travel the world, sharing my experiences with others.
I think you needn't feel 'too old' for youtube. Like DramaIRL said earlier, people like her, in their mid-twenties and those who have grown up with YouTube are maturing and are looking for more mature content as they mature. Youtube is maturing with them!
We have all heard how important it is to have a niche and you are already off to a great start as someone who is appealing to an older crowd.
Personally, I am having to get used to being older and it has taken a while. I recently returned to university in the UK and have found it a challenge to work with people who are sometimes 13 years younger than me but I have learned so much! I'm sure you will too.
Looking forward to seeing your channel when it's up. :)

Brito21

I've Got It
Reaction score
no it doesnt matter it just how good your content is

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Like one other person mentioned there is an old lady that does a gaming channel. 60s or so. Her name is Shirley Curry.

Casey Neistat is in his 30s.