Over 30 - am i too old to start doing YT?

I can't tell you that age doesn't matter at all. It'd be false!

The key is creating something really special and worthy for you audience so everyone forgets about your age. Just be yourself :D

Good luck and keep going! :D

Sent from my SM-G360H using Tapatalk

I was 30 when I started. I think it depends on the content. My content could be done by a teen / me / OAP so makes no difference.

My sister and I started a weight loss channel. We will be 32 in a couple weeks. BUT we dont expect to be famous. We just wanted a project to keep motivated while we lose weight...and it does help stay motivated so its working for us so far.

It is never to late,go for it if it is your dream but don't expect to get famous,do it as a hobby and have some fun,it can take to over a year to get a lot of subscribers to get the ball rolling.
Good luck to you and have some fun

No it is not too late! Start out with the fitness idea! It will be good! You can gain some followers form that and then turn that over into vlogs of your day! It will be great! People love to watch interesting blogs, trust me! The fact you have an idea to hook/grab and build a fan base will be perfect! Give it a shot, what do you have to lose if you don't do it? Absolutely nothing. so get going and try to do it!

hi guys,

i am new here. I would like to start a YT channel and have lots of channel ideas. I don't know what my niche would be yet because i have different niche ideas. I am 32 yrs old female. Is being over 30, too old to start youtube?

---------------

background on myself. (you don't need to read this next bit if you don't want to but i hope you do so you could give me some better advice)

I am a 32 yr old female. I am not from USA and for the longest time. I've always wanted to be famous. Between the ages of 18-21. I auditioned to reality shows in my country like big brother, game shows etc and never got picked.

By the time i turned 22. I gave up on the idea of wanting fame and decided to settle for a normal life.

Between the ages of 25-30. Life got really bad. I started getting health issues and one of my parents got cancer and died from cancer. I became severely depressed and gained a huge amount of weight. I gained 90lbs over the last 6 yrs.

there have been times over the last 3 yrs that i wanted to start a youtube channel but my depression and my confident issues due to my weight gain has made me doubt myself.

I am now ready to start a youtube channel. I have a couple niche channel ideas. One niche channel idea weight loss and documenting my weight loss journey. I would like to lose the 90lbs i gained. I also have other niche ideas which are about my hobbies.

Then i realize. 80% of youtube viewers are teenage kids and the most popular youtubers are all in the early-mid 20's. The oldest female youtuber that is really popular is trisha paytas and i think she's the same age as me but she started her channel years ago when she was in her mid 20's

So has the ship sailed for me? Is being over 30, too old to start youtube?
How's it going, it's never late to start youtube, go for it, and you're still young, age doesn't matters, good luck in all you propose.

hi guys,

i am new here. I would like to start a YT channel and have lots of channel ideas. I don't know what my niche would be yet because i have different niche ideas. I am 32 yrs old female. Is being over 30, too old to start youtube?

---------------

background on myself. (you don't need to read this next bit if you don't want to but i hope you do so you could give me some better advice)

I am a 32 yr old female. I am not from USA and for the longest time. I've always wanted to be famous. Between the ages of 18-21. I auditioned to reality shows in my country like big brother, game shows etc and never got picked.

By the time i turned 22. I gave up on the idea of wanting fame and decided to settle for a normal life.

Between the ages of 25-30. Life got really bad. I started getting health issues and one of my parents got cancer and died from cancer. I became severely depressed and gained a huge amount of weight. I gained 90lbs over the last 6 yrs.

there have been times over the last 3 yrs that i wanted to start a youtube channel but my depression and my confident issues due to my weight gain has made me doubt myself.

I am now ready to start a youtube channel. I have a couple niche channel ideas. One niche channel idea weight loss and documenting my weight loss journey. I would like to lose the 90lbs i gained. I also have other niche ideas which are about my hobbies.

Then i realize. 80% of youtube viewers are teenage kids and the most popular youtubers are all in the early-mid 20's. The oldest female youtuber that is really popular is trisha paytas and i think she's the same age as me but she started her channel years ago when she was in her mid 20's

So has the ship sailed for me? Is being over 30, too old to start youtube?

Of course not! ^_^ There are active YouTubers with an audience watching them and excited for new uploads ^_^
You are not too old, and YouTube is for EVERYONE!

80% of my audience are teenage girls and women around 18-23, since they are aimed at women. From March 2016, I have met some wonderful people (with many more coming) through my songs and videos and it has definitely uplifted me from a dark place. The comments which consist of "AAAAAHHHH! I LOVE IT" and "OMG" has made me absolutely happy. 95% of the time, they compliment my vocals, which really warms my heart.

I love YouTube and my audience that I am glad to have found my niche and an audience, and I wish to continue to create even more awesome content for them.
You may think that YouTube is saturated and full of awesome personalities, which is true.

But YouTube has become this place where ANYONE CAN BUILD AN AUDIENCE. As long as you find your niche (which you have an idea of), ideas for content , you can find a willing audience. You can do very well for yourself ^_^

If you need anything, let me know! I am more than happy to help! ^_^

ill be 30 this December I started youtube a few months ago! but mainly because ive always liked the idea of making videos, so finally bit the bullet got some editing software and just love making fun videos, not to try be famous or anything, just like to meet people and entertain whoever watch's!

Back