Over 30 - am i too old to start doing YT?

bb109

hi guys,

i am new here. I would like to start a YT channel and have lots of channel ideas. I don't know what my niche would be yet because i have different niche ideas. I am 32 yrs old female. Is being over 30, too old to start youtube?

---------------

background on myself. (you don't need to read this next bit if you don't want to but i hope you do so you could give me some better advice)

I am a 32 yr old female. I am not from USA and for the longest time. I've always wanted to be famous. Between the ages of 18-21. I auditioned to reality shows in my country like big brother, game shows etc and never got picked.

By the time i turned 22. I gave up on the idea of wanting fame and decided to settle for a normal life.

Between the ages of 25-30. Life got really bad. I started getting health issues and one of my parents got cancer and died from cancer. I became severely depressed and gained a huge amount of weight. I gained 90lbs over the last 6 yrs.

there have been times over the last 3 yrs that i wanted to start a youtube channel but my depression and my confident issues due to my weight gain has made me doubt myself.

I am now ready to start a youtube channel. I have a couple niche channel ideas. One niche channel idea weight loss and documenting my weight loss journey. I would like to lose the 90lbs i gained. I also have other niche ideas which are about my hobbies.

Then i realize. 80% of youtube viewers are teenage kids and the most popular youtubers are all in the early-mid 20's. The oldest female youtuber that is really popular is trisha paytas and i think she's the same age as me but she started her channel years ago when she was in her mid 20's

So has the ship sailed for me? Is being over 30, too old to start youtube?

I started YouTube at 38. It's never to late to start. You can never be too old to start.

I caution you to think about your reasons though. Fame isn't the best of reasons to start a YouTube. It takes time and patience to build an audience and that usually stresses things like depression and confidence. I would instead see this as a journey and a fun hobby where you grow with each step. There is no guarantee that you'll become famous. But if you keep going there is a good chance you'll grow and develop. Good luck and start youtubing!

You're never to old to do YouTube. Then again, you should do it for yourself. I think the weight loss idea is neat. You can be a big inspiration to others but most importantly yourself

35 here, started at 32. If you are looking to make it big you better be rolling in cash (so people have something to look up to) or be an awesome personality (like Casey Neistat for instance). If you are neither of those things (I am a perfect example) you will have to be happy with "sub par" numbers and limited fame. You will find out rather quickly if you have what it takes to get big and famous. It usually happens in the first 6 months. If you don't grow significantly by then it will always be slow. I have been doing it for just over 3 years and grow about ~100 subscribers a month. I am at 3500 subscribers now. And my subscriber gain is trending downwards at the moment. That would depress me if I was solely in it for a measure of personal worth and fame. I have been treating it as a hobby ever since I started. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE for it to turn into something more significant but I am a realistic person. Do it for fun, create the best content you can create and keep moving onwards!

hi guys,

i am new here. I would like to start a YT channel and have lots of channel ideas. I don't know what my niche would be yet because i have different niche ideas. I am 32 yrs old female. Is being over 30, too old to start youtube?

---------------

background on myself. (you don't need to read this next bit if you don't want to but i hope you do so you could give me some better advice)

I am a 32 yr old female. I am not from USA and for the longest time. I've always wanted to be famous. Between the ages of 18-21. I auditioned to reality shows in my country like big brother, game shows etc and never got picked.

By the time i turned 22. I gave up on the idea of wanting fame and decided to settle for a normal life.

Between the ages of 25-30. Life got really bad. I started getting health issues and one of my parents got cancer and died from cancer. I became severely depressed and gained a huge amount of weight. I gained 90lbs over the last 6 yrs.

there have been times over the last 3 yrs that i wanted to start a youtube channel but my depression and my confident issues due to my weight gain has made me doubt myself.

I am now ready to start a youtube channel. I have a couple niche channel ideas. One niche channel idea weight loss and documenting my weight loss journey. I would like to lose the 90lbs i gained. I also have other niche ideas which are about my hobbies.

Then i realize. 80% of youtube viewers are teenage kids and the most popular youtubers are all in the early-mid 20's. The oldest female youtuber that is really popular is trisha paytas and i think she's the same age as me but she started her channel years ago when she was in her mid 20's

So has the ship sailed for me? Is being over 30, too old to start youtube?

No. You can start whenever you want.

I don't think YT is an age thing. There is a wide range of ages of YouTubers that made it out there and so can you. I think your weight loss journey should be something people might be interested in watching. Fitness is a big category on YouTube. But, if you're doing it solely for fame, you will find yourself giving up because it takes time and you have to work for it. Just my opinion :) good luck!

Back