One Youtube Strike Away from Losing Everything

Josh Keatley

I've Got It
I got my 2nd strike and youtube gives the same generic automated message of

"Everyone hates spam. Misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails designed to increase views are not allowed. It's also not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages."

If I would have known EXACTLY what it was that I did wrong I could have maybe fixed it so that I would not get a 2nd strike.

Youtube doesn't take their time and put in their budget to give youtubers an actual human response on anything.

Any person in the world that DON'T LIKE your videos or YOU can flag your videos. Its not even youtube going after your videos (that would take employers and work) it is competitors, enemies, trolls, people that go beyond disliking your video and leaving a negative comment.

HOW IS THIS SYSTEM FAIR?

I make a living off of youtube earnings now and this is more than just a hobby, or a job to me. Youtube is my life. Now I am one youtube strike away from losing everything.

This big yputuber I know got his second strike on his channel for misleading thumbnails , he also got the same msg you got. But he contacted youtube or his yt programn or whoever is in charge of the strikes and they removed both of them. Maybe you could try do the same?
Excuse my englush my brain is dead xD

Do you have any clue why you got it? Try disputing it if you can.
What is the reason I got a strike? "Everyone hates spam. Misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails designed to increase views are not allowed. It's also not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages."

Your guess is as good as mine? Appealed both strikes. Both appeals got denied. I finally got an email from them after I made this same rant on google/youtube forums for my 2nd strike, but once again it is an automated computer sent response

Dear joshkeatley:
Thank you for submitting your video appeal to YouTube.

After further review of the content, we've determined that your video does violate our Community Guidelines and have upheld our original decision. We appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

— The YouTube Team

Haha they "appreciate my understanding" NO I don't understand and I don't appreciate getting a 2nd strike and I don't appreciate another computer generated message thrown at me :-(

Mate, I know you are not going to like this, but YouTube really don't just randomly ban people without reason...there is something you're doing, whether it be video content or not, that is violating their terms.

Don't you have access to direct partner support?

At least one of your videos used keyword blocks like

Black Ops 2 Zombies Origins: Easter Egg
Black Ops 2 Zombies Origins: "Little Girl Lost"
Black Ops 2 Zombies Origins: easter egg step
Black Ops 2 Zombies Origins: easter egg full tutorial

in the description. Probably the videos for which you received the strikes were even worse.
"Please also only add tags to the tag section of your metadata. Adding additional tags to the description of your video may constitute spam and can result in the removal of your video." - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973

"It is a violation of YouTube’s Terms of Service to use misleading metadata and blocks of keywords in your description field." - https://www.youtube.com/yt/playbook/en-GB/metadata.html

May be go carefully through your thumbnails and tags and update them. Even if you are not sure for something - better update it - your channel is too big and should be generating some decent revenue - it is piety to get a third strike. For example there was a thumbnail of some kids for "LOST IN IRAQ" video - I clicked on it and expected to see some footage from Iraq but it was just PC game. I do not want to say that this is a violation but it may be considered by somebody. Better change with thumbnail from the game. Just be very careful with all this things.

Back