One Youtube Strike Away from Losing Everything

ZaphodX

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Yeah at least one of the reasons is Blackhat SEO of spamming keywords in the description, e.g.

Black Ops 2 Zombies Origins: Lightning Staff Upgrade
Black Ops 2 Zombies Origins: "how to"
Black Ops 2 Zombies Origins: Lightning Staff Symbols
Black Ops 2 Zombies Origins: Lightning Staff Music Notes

maddog448

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You need to get rid of those tags in the description box, I think that could be your problem. Also like some people said before check your thumbnails some of them are misleading and that also could be your issue. But from here on out I would be very careful with what you upload just play it safe.

Josh Keatley

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't you have access to direct partner support?

At least one of your videos used keyword blocks like

Black Ops 2 Zombies Origins: Easter Egg
Black Ops 2 Zombies Origins: "Little Girl Lost"
Black Ops 2 Zombies Origins: easter egg step
Black Ops 2 Zombies Origins: easter egg full tutorial

in the description. Probably the videos for which you received the strikes were even worse.
"Please also only add tags to the tag section of your metadata. Adding additional tags to the description of your video may constitute spam and can result in the removal of your video." -

"It is a violation of YouTube’s Terms of Service to use misleading metadata and blocks of keywords in your description field." -
Why do we have to guess why I MIGHT have got 2 strikes? Why can't youtube do exactly what you just did and say.. "this is the problem right here. FIX IT". I do appreciate your help though.

If they would come out and say directly what is wrong on my 1st strike. I could have fixed the issue before I got a 2nd.

I am pretty sure now my strike was from to many tags in the description. Doing exactly those keyword blocks is what I learned from the best cod gaming youtubers (tmartn, alia, noahj456) . When I get my account back (I'm suspended for 2 weeks) I will go through my 250+ videos and delete every single extra tag in the description. Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1410857315,1410856434][/DOUBLEPOST]
May be go carefully through your thumbnails and tags and update them. Even if you are not sure for something - better update it - your channel is too big and should be generating some decent revenue - it is piety to get a third strike. For example there was a thumbnail of some kids for "LOST IN IRAQ" video - I clicked on it and expected to see some footage from Iraq but it was just PC game. I do not want to say that this is a violation but it may be considered by somebody. Better change with thumbnail from the game. Just be very careful with all this things.
You didn't watch my video. There is my actual footage of when I was in Iraq in the video. That thumbnail is actual footage of my convoy in Samara, Iraq that I personally filmed and talk about in the video.

My whole point of my rant is not to look at my channel and tear it apart/analyze it of what I am doing wrong. The point of my rant is how youtube uses computers and not employees to send all their messages out. They don't give human responses to EXACTLY what people are doing wrong.

So it takes other people to try to analyze my channel and figure it out. I am pretty sure now it is because of extra tags in description. I will definitely keep my eye out when I can get back in my account in 2 week for thumbnails that people might think are misleading. Thanks

Reactions: markkaz and Kath

ZaphodX

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I think you need a reality check on how large Youtube is, how many users it has and how much manpower would need to be dedicated to personally interact with people who break the rules. Before you tell me how simple it would be to write a sentence on what you did wrong, Youtube only works because of the huge amount of automation it uses.

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Why do we have to guess why I MIGHT have got 2 strikes? Why can't youtube do exactly what you just did and say.. "this is the problem right here. FIX IT".
They don't give detailed answers on purpose. Otherwise Spammers would have more clues on how to cheat the system.

Reactions: Kath

Josh Keatley

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you need a reality check on how large Youtube is, how many users it has and how much manpower would need to be dedicated to personally interact with people who break the rules. Before you tell me how simple it would be to write a sentence on what you did wrong, Youtube only works because of the huge amount of automation it uses.
I think you need a reality check on how much google/youtube makes every year. They can afford to put a customer service team in place like every company in the world has. Does youtube's automated system not have flaws? "personally interact with people who break the rules" What if that person didn't break the rules? What if that person doesn't understand what rules they are breaking? Does it not matter?

I understand having computers run everything is the way of the future, but with that comes major problems!

By the way you and every body was wrong with their GUESSES of why I got the strikes. I do appreciate your help though. I am not trying to be negative but I am extremely mad about my situation and being one youtube strike away from now having a job and a place to live.

Don't you have access to direct partner support?
At least one of your videos used keyword blocks like
in the description. Probably the videos for which you received the strikes were even worse.
"Please also only add tags to the tag section of your metadata. Adding additional tags to the description of your video may constitute spam and can result in the removal of your video." -

"It is a violation of YouTube’s Terms of Service to use misleading metadata and blocks of keywords in your description field." -
The guessing game of why I got 2 strikes was wrong. It wasn't because of extra tags in the video. So back to the drawing board of what I did wrong :-(

Someone was able to bring up my videos that got strikes descriptions -
Free Xbox Live Gold - 1 Month - No Surveys or Generator - Legit Published on Jun 19, 2013

How To Get More Subscribers "This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content."

I don't have any extra tags in the description. I know nothing was wrong with my thumbnails. I am pretty sure links are allowed in "how to" videos when you talk about the website in the video and say the links are down in the description. What did I do wrong?

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Video 1: - You are using adf.ly ( that site pays you for clicks and YT doesn't like that)

Video 2: - I haven't seen the video but you're promoting a site which artificially increases a channel's sub count (subxcess.com) - ( YT doesn't like that either)

If you haven't already, go through all the sections in this link: https://support.google.com/youtube/topic/2803176?hl=en&ref_topic=2676378

There have been loads of threads on here about this and lots of cases of people getting their channels terminated for this sort of thing. Whether people agree or not, YT are really cracking down on it and take it very seriously. That's the reality.

Last edited:

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Like @Crown pointed out affiliate links like aXfly, PriXerebel, CliXkbank or aXfocus are forbidden. Our answers are of course only as good as the information we are given.

Don't rely on YouTube as your sole income especially when you haven't access to direct partner support. Never put all your eggs in one basket. Spread out to other video platforms, sell the ad space on your own, sell merch and build up a website that creates income for you.

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I got my 2nd strike and youtube gives the same generic automated message of

"Everyone hates spam. Misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails designed to increase views are not allowed. It's also not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages."

If I would have known EXACTLY what it was that I did wrong I could have maybe fixed it so that I would not get a 2nd strike.

Youtube doesn't take their time and put in their budget to give youtubers an actual human response on anything.

Any person in the world that DON'T LIKE your videos or YOU can flag your videos. Its not even youtube going after your videos (that would take employers and work) it is competitors, enemies, trolls, people that go beyond disliking your video and leaving a negative comment.

HOW IS THIS SYSTEM FAIR?

I make a living off of youtube earnings now and this is more than just a hobby, or a job to me. Youtube is my life. Now I am one youtube strike away from losing everything.

So first of all if you live from youtube, then if you have only 1 channel then if you loose it and will be left without income that will be your fault.

My advice would be to create new account and link to it in everyvideo and ask your subs to join it. Of course not all will join maybe not even half but it is still better to have 10-20k subs than none if your main channel will get 3rd strike.

As to reason you are getting strikes and from your info here you state that " known EXACTLY what it was that I did wrong " but you don't say that everything in the letter is not true, and you have not done anything to violate TOS and receive strike.

So it is very unlikely to receive 2 strike for nothing, if you do not wish to contact google support for help, then I would suggest you download all Term and conditions from youtube and study them and fix all mistakes on your video.

Like previous member mention you put tags in description, you are not allowed to do this. Well I hope you will take into consideration to create another account so you are not left with nothing.

Josh Keatley

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Video 1: - You are using adf.ly ( that site pays you for clicks and YT doesn't like that)

Video 2: - I haven't seen the video but you're promoting a site which artificially increases a channel's sub count (subxcess.com) - ( YT doesn't like that either)

If you haven't already, go through all the sections in this link:

There have been loads of threads on here about this and lots of cases of people getting their channels terminated for this sort of thing. Whether people agree or not, YT are really cracking down on it and take it very seriously. That's the reality.
Where in youtube tos does it say you can't use adfly? Where in the youtube tos does it say what sites you can and can't use?

How does their explanation of my strike explain to me that you can't use adfly? - "Everyone hates spam. Misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails designed to increase views are not allowed. It's also not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages."

When you make a "how to" video and you say something about a website - It makes sense to say there is a link down in the description. How many "how to" videos have links in the description?

Subxcess also has a youtube chat and a youtube forum. I met one of my best friends on subxcess and moved to Florida with him. Once again no where in the youtube forum does it say that you can't do a tutorial and talk about subxcess.