One Youtube Strike Away from Losing Everything

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Where in youtube tos does it say you can't use adfly?
"You agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain YouTube's prior written approval: ... the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Service or Content..." - Terms of Service (http://www.youtube.com/static?template=terms), section 4.D.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Where in youtube tos does it say you can't use adfly? Where in the youtube tos does it say what sites you can and can't use?

How does their explanation of my strike explain to me that you can't use adfly? - "Everyone hates spam. Misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails designed to increase views are not allowed. It's also not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages."

When you make a "how to" video and you say something about a website - It makes sense to say there is a link down in the description. How many "how to" videos have links in the description?

Subxcess also has a youtube chat and a youtube forum. I met one of my best friends on subxcess and moved to Florida with him. Once again no where in the youtube forum does it say that you can't do a tutorial and talk about subxcess.
Don't shoot the messenger. I'm pointing out why your videos were flagged since you seem to be very surprised as to why. If you don't agree, then take it up with YT.[DOUBLEPOST=1410946944,1410945986][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit, also not sure why you're asking why the first video got flagged.

You already made a thread about that in July (http://yttalk.com/threads/i-got-a-youtube-strike-advice-what-not-to-do.134505/ ) and you seemed to fully understand why that was wrong.

So that leaves the sub service site. Did you even read the TOS I linked?

Here are the relevant sections:

What strategies for gaining subscriptions aren’t allowed?
Services that attempt to boost YouTube subscriber numbers through automated means, or as a marketplace violate our Terms of Service and are not ok.

What does YouTube do about it?
We regularly verify accounts’ subscribers to channels, and penalize the accounts engaging in illegitimate activity.

Source: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6051134?hl=en&ref_topic=2803176

and:

Encouraging Terms of Service violations
If you post content that encourages other users to violate our Terms of Service, the content may be removed, your account may be penalized, and in some cases your account may be terminated.
Source: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801981?hl=en&ref_topic=2803176

Reactions: Kath and Switchbox

TigerXtrm

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Where in youtube tos does it say you can't use adfly? Where in the youtube tos does it say what sites you can and can't use?

How does their explanation of my strike explain to me that you can't use adfly? - "Everyone hates spam. Misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails designed to increase views are not allowed. It's also not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages."

When you make a "how to" video and you say something about a website - It makes sense to say there is a link down in the description. How many "how to" videos have links in the description?

Subxcess also has a youtube chat and a youtube forum. I met one of my best friends on subxcess and moved to Florida with him. Once again no where in the youtube forum does it say that you can't do a tutorial and talk about subxcess.
For someone with 39.000 subs and 6 million views you have an amazingly poor understanding of how your publishing platform works, mate. It should be common sense that these two things are violations, even if you never read the TOS to begin with.

1. YouTube is owned by Google. Google's primary income comes from ad revenue. They have the biggest ad network on the planet. Why would you think they would allow competition on their own website?

2. For that same reason it makes sense that they don't want their subscriber numbers and view counts to be artificially messed with through things like Subxcess.

Both those things are clearly marked in the TOS but like I said, they should be common sense. You earned both those strikes.

Rickyricc

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
How do you make a living off YouTube with only 500-600k views a month? Just wondering because thats not going to bring in any serious cash.

Reactions: ZaphodX

Josh Keatley

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Why has this went to a help forum post to me feeling like I am on trial trying to defend my self?

I have enough stress as it is with my situation to have to argue with people. Thanks for every one that has helped me out though I do appreciate all the advice and kind comments.[DOUBLEPOST=1410999376,1410999231][/DOUBLEPOST]
How do you make a living off YouTube with only 500-600k views a month? Just wondering because thats not going to bring in any serious cash.
I make enough to pay rent and bills and have some extra spending money. I really don't care if you believe me or not![DOUBLEPOST=1410999998][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't shoot the messenger. I'm pointing out why your videos were flagged since you seem to be very surprised as to why. If you don't agree, then take it up with YT.[DOUBLEPOST=1410946944,1410945986][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit, also not sure why you're asking why the first video got flagged.

You already made a thread about that in July ( ) and you seemed to fully understand why that was wrong.

So that leaves the sub service site. Did you even read the TOS I linked?

Here are the relevant sections:

Source:

and:

Source:
Sorry, I am not trying to shot the messenger. I am just mad about the whole situation and I don't mean to take it out on the messenger. I am sorry.

I thought I did understand my 1st strike until I got a strike another month later with the exact same reasoning. Now how can both videos that are completely different get flagged for the exact same reason. It made me question the legitimacy of both strikes.

I did read the tos linked. It it does not mention subxcess as a site that you can't talk about and put in the description of your video.

I contacted subxcess about this problem telling them I got a strike for talking about and linking their site in the description and their response was.

No clue? There are many videos about subxcess on YouTube

Thanks, Joe

There are many youtube videos that talk about and put subxcess down in the description. I am pretty sure that is not why I got the strike.[DOUBLEPOST=1411000394][/DOUBLEPOST]
For someone with 39.000 subs and 6 million views you have an amazingly poor understanding of how your publishing platform works, mate. It should be common sense that these two things are violations, even if you never read the TOS to begin with.

1. YouTube is owned by Google. Google's primary income comes from ad revenue. They have the biggest ad network on the planet. Why would you think they would allow competition on their own website?

2. For that same reason it makes sense that they don't want their subscriber numbers and view counts to be artificially messed with through things like Subxcess.

Both those things are clearly marked in the TOS but like I said, they should be common sense. You earned both those strikes.
I did not earn both strikes. I don't deserve either one of my strikes. Look at how many get free xbox live videos there are? I'll wait.. Look at how many subxcess youtube videos there are. Why is my videos any wrong than any of 100's-1,000 of videos on youtube.

"Why would youtube allow competition?" I am not linking sites in direct competition with youtube. Once again every single "how to" video has links in the description to what they are giving the how to in the video. It makes logical sense to do this. Links to other sites are allowed in the description. Almost every video in the world has links to other websites in their description.

Last edited:

TigerXtrm

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I did not earn both strikes. I don't deserve either one of my strikes. Look at how many get free xbox live videos there are? I'll wait.. Look at how many subxcess youtube videos there are. Why is my videos any wrong than any of 100's-1,000 of videos on youtube.

"Why would youtube allow competition?" I am not linking sites in direct competition with youtube. Once again every single "how to" video has links in the description to what they are giving the how to in the video. It makes logical sense to do this. Links to other sites are allowed in the description. Almost every video in the world has links to other websites in their description.
Just because 'others do it' doesn't mean it's allowed. You are using Google's platform so you have to adhere by their rules. Not the rules 'other people' seem to use. Not the rules you came up with yourself.

Linking to stuff is okay. Linking it through a service that earns you money for each click is not. Simple as that. Adfly is an ad service that isn't run by Google, so it's not allowed. Period.

Using any form of sub or view generation on YouTube is NOT allowed under any circumstance. Subxcess is clearly not allowed because you got a strike for it. YouTube sees it as a form of fraud, which it is since you are getting 'fake' subscribers.

If you want to save your channel you better stop using these shady methods ASAP and take a moment to thoroughly read the TOS from top to bottom. If you don't you WILL receive a third strike before the year is over and YouTube will have lost one of it's many generic CoD channels (sniff).

Happy

Reaction score
@Josh Keatley I know some people hate you and want to take down your channel. They can use multi accounts and flag your videos for spam, misleading... They are waiting you received a community strike.
I think you should create a second channel and don't talk anything about your new channel on old channel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josh Keatley

Josh Keatley

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just because 'others do it' doesn't mean it's allowed. You are using Google's platform so you have to adhere by their rules. Not the rules 'other people' seem to use. Not the rules you came up with yourself.

Linking to stuff is okay. Linking it through a service that earns you money for each click is not. Simple as that. Adfly is an ad service that isn't run by Google, so it's not allowed. Period.

Using any form of sub or view generation on YouTube is NOT allowed under any circumstance. Subxcess is clearly not allowed because you got a strike for it. YouTube sees it as a form of fraud, which it is since you are getting 'fake' subscribers.

If you want to save your channel you better stop using these shady methods ASAP and take a moment to thoroughly read the TOS from top to bottom. If you don't you WILL receive a third strike before the year is over and YouTube will have lost one of it's many generic CoD channels (sniff).
Whoah... pump the brakes... "save your channel you better stop using these shady methods ASAP" Get out of here with that nonsense. Why are you attacking me? I worked really hard to get to where I am at today. This is 2 videos out of almost 300 videos that I may have unknowingly MADE A MISTAKE on.

"YouTube will have lost one of it's many generic CoD channels (sniff)" Many people love my channel. If you don't like cod channels or my channel don't look at it. But definitely don't talk Sh*t to me. And get off this site if you just come on it to bully people. I am definitely not going to take it.

"Adfly is an ad service that isn't run by Google, so it's not allowed. Period." Did you know this before you read this forum? Does it say in english sites like adfly are not allowed. Sites that earn revenue per click is not allowed. If you can define these words in the youtube tos you can admit is it not clear. IF this is why I got the strike I will say ok NOW I know I can't do that. But YouTube doesn't come out and say that is the problem. It is people in forums taking GUESSES of what the problem is.

Last edited:

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Now how can both videos that are completely different get flagged for the exact same reason.
It can because YouTube formulates the "reason" that vague.

I did read the tos linked. It it does not mention subxcess as a site that you can't talk about and put in the description of your video.
YouTube could never keep up with explicitly naming all sites violating their rules.

I did not earn both strikes. I don't deserve either one of my strikes.
Probably you personally did act in good belief but that does not change that your videos violated the rules.

Look at how many get free xbox live videos there are? I'll wait.. Look at how many subxcess youtube videos there are. Why is my videos any wrong than any of 100's-1,000 of videos on youtube.
Feel free to flag any video violating the rules. Most of them are uploaded by bots and hardly any user feels responsible for going after them. There are much more enjoyable activities.

Does it say in english sites like adfly are not allowed. Sites that earn revenue per click is not allowed. ... If you can define these words in the youtube tos you can admit is it not clear.
I cited the depending section above. I agree it's not crystal clear but you should get the idea anyway.

It is people in forums taking GUESSES of what the problem is.
As somebody who helps people who lost their videos for exactly these reasons nearly on a daily basis I have the opinion that these are very educated guesses. Getting strikes for keyword blocks or affiliate links in the description or even to get the channel terminated at once is very common.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
My last post in this thread.

First of all, no-one is attacking you. You've had some excellent advice in this thread. :)

First point:

Why don't YouTube list all the banned sites and services?
Again, common sense should give you the answer here. 2 reasons: 1) There are so many of them and new ones being created every day and 2)YouTube doesn't want to promote them to people who didn't even know about them in the first place. Google the "streisand effect".

For the subxcess thing:

You are burying your head in the sand about this and believing what you want to believe. subxcess's "official" reply to you is ridiculous and you don't see that? It's like someone telling you speeding is not against the law because lots of people do it. If subxcess, the company were 100% sure that their service is allowed on YouTube, then where is their YouTube channel and videos promoting it? YT would be the perfect platform with perfect demographics to promote a YT promotional product. So why don't they do it? Because their channel got banned that's why. Because their product is not legit. Ask them for an official legally binding statement/ document which certifies that YouTube has approved their service. If they had it, it'd be widely available on their website because that'd be excellent for promoting. But of course they don't have it.

Let's put it another way. Put yourself in the shoes of the YT staff member who processes these flags. On one side he has the TOS which he knows by heart and they're printed out on his desk, and on the other side, he gets 1 minute per video (probably less) to decide whether it gets a strike or not based on those TOS. How is your subxcess video looking now?

@TigerXtrm is right on the money with his advice. Harsh maybe but sometimes tough love is the best kind when you're 1 strike away from losing it all right?. If you want to save your channel, then you're really going to have to start following the TOS to the letter. Good luck :)