antonio33333

Reaction score
I have a question.. For example is someone doesn't have 1000 subs and 4000 hours of watchtime until 20/2/2018 but they have that month/2months or half a year later than that youtuber will be able to monetize?

GeekOvision

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
These people that do it purely for monetary gain will not find trouble to reach the new thresholds (ref. ElsaGate). They will just upload more automated videos on one channel, instead on several. These news YPP requirements are just a slap on the small creators, hobbyists and people who were thinking that keeping separate niches in separate channels was a good idea (silly me).
Sub-bots are also a thing. I understand that it doesn't discourage all the scumbags, but it does a good job of keeping the weak ones out which slows the influx of s****y gaming content that I see literally everywhere (by that I mean low quality LPs with no soul). Obviously, there is no perfect system. They could have done better than this, but it's a step in the right direction.

lauschin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I have a question.. For example is someone doesn't have 1000 subs and 4000 hours of watchtime until 20/2/2018 but they have that month/2months or half a year later than that youtuber will be able to monetize?
Any YouTuber that is removed from the partner program on Feb 20th because of the new criteria will be free to re-apply to the program afterward once the criteria is satisfied. At most, you may have to wait 30 days after the initial removal before you can re-submit.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
There isn't a source that states this but think about it, why would YouTube want to dish out 1 million views to an unmonetised video when those views could be going to a monetised video and earning money for them? It costs them the more people seeing your video and if it isn't running ads then surely that would be some kind of loss for them. YouTube are all about money, to me it doesn't make sense that they would have any kind of incentive to promote your videos if they dont earn anything from them themselves.
Just because you think this, does not make it fact.
I have actual data that suggests what you think is wrong. Had you have just said “I think .....” or “it seems like”, instead of posting it as a statement fact, I would not have wasted your time.
People posting guesses, hopes and dreams as fact is what makes this site difficult to learn from.

Reactions: Shakycow

DC1387

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is't this a bit Unfair while people who started earlier had only 10k views post which they can get paid which is like an appreciation for the hard work they put in irrespective of whether they do it for money or not in the first place . Who does't like money incoming ???

Now in order to enable just the Monetization we have to reach approximately 2,00,000 view and 1000 subs before monetization is enabled but of those 200k views which we earned , we wo't get anything . Calling that unfair no matter what anyone says.

ParadigmAU

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
At the end of the day YouTube are doing this to ensure their survival. Without advertisers there is no YouTube, that's what it comes down to.

A dramatically smaller number of partners allows YouTube to provide better quality channels to advertisers. Hence advertiser dollars flow back to YouTube.

Smaller Creators, well we just suffer the consequences of these economic realities.

Having said that I still find it impossible to reconcile that the one individual that has done the greatest damage to the YouTube brand, Logan Paul, still hasn't been appropriately sanctioned for his actions.

If YouTube really wanted to make an impression with advertisers they would remove his channel completely from their platform. That would gain massive traction in the press and very publicly highlight that YouTube are serious about cleaning up their community.

Reactions: Kenyanese

GrillinRandy

Reaction score
At the end of the day YouTube are doing this to ensure their survival. Without advertisers there is no YouTube, that's what it comes down to.

A dramatically smaller number of partners allows YouTube to provide better quality channels to advertisers. Hence advertiser dollars flow back to YouTube.

Smaller Creators, well we just suffer the consequences of these economic realities.

Having said that I still find it impossible to reconcile that the one individual that has done the greatest damage to the YouTube brand, Logan Paul, still hasn't been appropriately sanctioned for his actions.

If YouTube really wanted to make an impression with advertisers they would remove his channel completely from their platform. That would gain massive traction in the press and very publicly highlight that YouTube are serious about cleaning up their community.
So, tell an old new guy that's out of the loop who is this Logan Paul and what has he done that’s so egregious?

All I want to do is post up things that interest me. It was nice to think that I could get paid for that, I have no delusions of grandeur. I don't believe that 1000 people will ever find me that interesting that I'll be able to meet the current requirements.

I heard that all this came about because of political pressure and that's a shame. I just want to live in peace and do my little thing, maybe someone will like what I am doing. I'll never be a big wheel and really a few dollars a month means a lot to a pauper.

Reactions: DC1387

DC1387

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, tell an old new guy that's out of the loop who is this Logan Paul and what has he done that’s so egregious?

All I want to do is post up things that interest me. It was nice to think that I could get paid for that, I have no delusions of grandeur. I don't believe that 1000 people will ever find me that interesting that I'll be able to meet the current requirements.

I heard that all this came about because of political pressure and that's a shame. I just want to live in peace and do my little thing, maybe someone will like what I am doing. I'll never be a big wheel and really a few dollars a month means a lot to a pauper.
I respect you sir and exactly on Point

Reactions: GrillinRandy

ParadigmAU

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
So Logan recently posted a video featuring a suicide victim literally hanging from a tree. The video thumbnail featured Logan looking wide eyed with the suicide victim hanging in the background. The TLDR version, much furor ensued. At some point YouTube featured the video in their trending feed which strangely, didn't help matters at all.

World wide press coverage followed, universal condemnation of Paul and YouTube. Pauls fan base, predominantly children attempted to defend him, which only made the situation worse. Advertisers examined their ad budgets and no doubt many went with " Facebook looks good this year".

YouTube ad revenue one would assume took a turn for the worse and YouTube took to small Creators as a convenient scapegoat. Logan got a slap on the wrist, most Creators got demonetised (or at least will in February) and the YouTube powers that be, collectively high fived advertisers and made arrangements to catch up at Burning Man this year.

There you go, in a nutshell :)