Is it okay, for a channel to grow slowly, at the start?

I'm guessing reddit is the place for gaming then? Haha. So should I start (not promoting) but joining reddit to get to know people there?
I should mention that his success is not the standard there. I've had little luck from Reddit and the majority of posts that I've done there have gotten downvoted almost instantly. Only certain subreddits are receptive to people posting gaming videos, and even then it only tends to be if you've done something that almost nobody else has. Definitely try it out, but I wouldn't say to anticipate having great success. Doesn't mean it can't happen - just don't go in with lofty expectations.

I can't believe it took him 9 years! and that's annoying that people ignore you :(

Sorry for the long reply, my internet is really slow today and I'm not too sure why.
Yeah, it's probably because I'm a 17 year old girl who looks about 11 and who doesn't wear makeup/look attractive so the reddit people just slide by XD And no problem! My internet is awful too haha

That can be for anything.

example: Let's say I have a book review channel. There is a new book out called "Harry Potter and the chamber of who cares". I would make a video either reviewing the book, expressing my enthusiasm for it coming out, or just talk about it in general. It's very important to make a connection with my target audience for maximum efficiency.

How do you find out what's hot? You need to find specific news sources talking about that category of products. Then I would use Adsense tools to see how many people are searching up this term to gauge its popularity.

Okay, thanks. So for gaming, I need to find what people are searching for the most, but has little to no competition?[DOUBLEPOST=1472654574,1472654451][/DOUBLEPOST]
I should mention that his success is not the standard there. I've had little luck from Reddit and the majority of posts that I've done there have gotten downvoted almost instantly. Only certain subreddits are receptive to people posting gaming videos, and even then it only tends to be if you've done something that almost nobody else has. Definitely try it out, but I wouldn't say to anticipate having great success. Doesn't mean it can't happen - just don't go in with lofty expectations.

Yeah, I suppose reddit is a great place to start at least.

Okay, thanks. So for gaming, I need to find what people are searching for the most, but has little to no competition?[DOUBLEPOST=1472654574,1472654451][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yes, definitely couldn't hurt too much. Just remember to try to keep your submissions to 10:1 non-promotional to promotional or else your posts may get deleted quickly by mods.

Okay, thanks. So for gaming, I need to find what people are searching for the most, but has little to no competition?
I'll google search for video game news sites. I found polygon, n4g, gamesradar, destructoid.

I see some news about the newest Witcher 3 patch. You could do a video specifically about the new Witcher 3 1.3 patch. That would set you apart from the 10,000 other Witcher 3 review videos.

I'll google search for video game news sites. I found polygon, n4g, gamesradar, destructoid.

I see some news about the newest Witcher 3 patch. You could do a video specifically about the new Witcher 3 1.3 patch. That would set you apart from the 10,000 other Witcher 3 review videos.

Okay thanks. The only problem is, I don't own Witcher, and i haven't played it in my life, haha.

Also, how would going on a Gaming news site help, surely that would be what everyone is talking about at the moment?

So wait you have to be promotional, on reddit?
You can find subreddits that don't require a specific ratio, but overall rules governing reddit suggest a 10:1 ratio. Many of gaming-focused subs do stick closely to this in order to avoid spam. The ones that don't tend to be promotion-oriented subreddits where you may not receive as much exposure as the people posting there are doing so specifically to promote.

Back