Is it okay, for a channel to grow slowly, at the start?

Neobroski

Liking YTtalk
I've always wanted to know how long it took famous YouTuber's to get to where they are now, or how long it took them to gain their first 100, 1000, 10'000 and so on subscribers. Also, how they did it, whether they did just one thing or whether they attempted many ideas with trial and error.

I want to know what you think is the best way to accomplish your goal on YouTube, and whether starting slowly is natural or if the channel is destined to fail?

Starting slow is most definitely natural. Given the current level of competition and the challenges that face newer YouTubers when it comes to exposure, I would say that slow growth (especially in the beginning) is the norm and not the exception.

Focus on your content first and the growth will come with time and experience. The more you focus on the growth to start, the less enjoyment you'll likely get out of the whole experience.

I think it's different for everyone, some people work for years with a tiny audience and then suddenly blow up while others work for years steadily building one. It's different for everyone but I think it's definitely normal for things to start slow!

Starting slow is most definitely natural. Given the current level of competition and the challenges that face newer YouTubers when it comes to exposure, I would say that slow growth (especially in the beginning) is the norm and not the exception.

Focus on your content first and the growth will come with time and experience. The more you focus on the growth to start, the less enjoyment you'll likely get out of the whole experience.

Thanks for the advice, I suppose that growth happens with time and so as you explained, I will focus on the content more rather than the growth, to make YouTube more enjoyable.

Slow growth is totally normal and is something that alot of big youtubers faced. I would work on your content first. I am very creative in my mixes and I know my content is better than most basketball mixes out there with millions of views but I just keep focusing on me and my subscribers. Don't look at the numbers just focus on making the numbers look at you.

I mean i think everyone starts slowly. My though on the current "famous youtubers" is they got in so early that it was brand new and everyone subbed to them because no one was doing this. Now a lot of people are trying to get on youtube game and do what they have done so well for all these years.

I think it's different for everyone, some people work for years with a tiny audience and then suddenly blow up while others work for years steadily building one. It's different for everyone but I think it's definitely normal for things to start slow!

Thanks for the reassurance :D, what would be better:

a) Having a channel which blew up instantly, however, the audience would not be loyal because they haven't built up that relationship.

b) Having a channel which took a long time to build but, the subscribers would be loyal due to the amount of time it took you to create the "successful" channel.[DOUBLEPOST=1472572331,1472572280][/DOUBLEPOST]
Slow growth is totally normal and is something that alot of big youtubers faced. I would work on your content first. I am very creative in my mixes and I know my content is better than most basketball mixes out there with millions of views but I just keep focusing on me and my subscribers. Don't look at the numbers just focus on making the numbers look at you.

Wow! Very inspirational ! Thanks :D[DOUBLEPOST=1472572469][/DOUBLEPOST]
I mean i think everyone starts slowly. My though on the current "famous youtubers" is they got in so early that it was brand new and everyone subbed to them because no one was doing this. Now a lot of people are trying to get on youtube game and do what they have done so well for all these years.

I thought that as well, all the "famous" YouTubers, would have joined when there was little to no competition. Although, I suppose, if people were to become famous now, it would be more valuable?

Thanks for the reassurance :D, what would be better:

a) Having a channel which blew up instantly, however, the audience would not be loyal because they haven't built up that relationship.

b) Having a channel which took a long time to build but, the subscribers would be loyal due to the amount of time it took you to create the "successful" channel.[DOUBLEPOST=1472572331,1472572280][/DOUBLEPOST]

Wow! Very inspirational ! Thanks :D

I agree I feel like subs on a channel that is growing slower feel more of a connection to your channel. Its like when a rock band performs at a venue that whole holds 2,000 people versus them performing at a stadium that holds 80,000 people.

I agree I feel like subs on a channel that is growing slower feel more of a connection to your channel. Its like when a rock band performs at a venue that whole holds 2,000 people versus them performing at a stadium that holds 80,000 people.

Definitely, I would rather have a more "personal" connection, to my audience at least at the start because they are the people who have stuck with my channel since day 1.

Definitely, I would rather have a more "personal" connection, to my audience at least at the start because they are the people who have stuck with my channel since day 1.
yeah and thats how i feel now too. Like i have 114 subs (not to brag...kidding) and i talk to them regularly i have the usual guys who comment on my videos or we talk on twitter. someday it may not be like that, but i will always remember the core guys who have supported me.

Back