Is it a good idea to join a network if you're a small youtuber?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about joining a network but I don't want to be trapped in a contract that isn't beneficial to my channel. So I was wondering if a joining a network would help my channel grow? And is it a good idea overall to join a network if you're a small YouTuber?

I have a suggestion. Get 1,000 subscribes and apply to Curse: Union for Gamers. Curse is contract-free, has great music and analytic tools, very sweet staff and a 90/10 split and no minimum payout. Basically you can actually start to touch your money. I would never sign a contract at this point either but Curse has been nothing but good to me and I've been with them for several months now.

Hmm I don't recommend it unless you have a big channel. A lot of youtubers have used Union For Gamers since it's free and you can end the contract whenever you want but you'd need a fairly decent channel to get good revenue from them.

So I was wondering if a joining a network would help my channel grow?

No, networks don't help channels grow. At most, they offer additional tools and a new dashboard for YouTube to give you more information and guidance, but any actual growing is completely up to the channel themselves.

And is it a good idea overall to join a network if you're a small YouTuber?

I don't see the point of joining a network no matter how big or small a channel is. There was a time (years ago) when they were necessary, but that time has long passed. Unfortunately, the idea that they are needed still continues and their generally amazing recruitment letters do a great job of convincing people that they're a good thing when they aren't.

That all said, I think it makes far more sense for a small YouTube channel to join a network than a big one. I'd rather pay a few cents to find out if I like or need something instead of what could amount to a decent amount of money.

Hmm I don't recommend it unless you have a big channel. A lot of youtubers have used Union For Gamers since it's free and you can end the contract whenever you want but you'd need a fairly decent channel to get good revenue from them.
I get decent revenue from them and I only have 2,375 subs. They're wonderful. And they offer tools to help you grow. Worth it to me 110%.

I get decent revenue from them and I only have 2,375 subs. They're wonderful. And they offer tools to help you grow. Worth it to me 110%.
Yh you do get over 1k average views. Athene did a video on that union and I've always followed him since he does charity work and hasn't really lied or had backlash before. I think it would be good to try since it would be an experience and the contract can be ended at any time. I wouldn't use it just to try to promote yourself to me its just good for your YouTube business.

Yh you do get over 1k average views. Athene did a video on that union and I've always followed him since he does charity work and hasn't really lied or had backlash before. I think it would be good to try since it would be an experience and the contract can be ended at any time
Plus, I dislike that YouTube has a $100 threshhold for withdrawls and 45/55 split. I want to keep more money and start taking it out now to use for gear/etc. I know there are a lot of small contract free networks floating around but the only one I've tried and can recommend is Curse. I am so glad I didn't sign a contract and join one of the bigger Networks. I feel like when you do that you're limiting yourself a lot.

Plus, I dislike that YouTube has a $100 threshhold for withdrawls and 45/55 split. I want to keep more money and start taking it out now to use for gear/etc. I know there are a lot of small contract free networks floating around but the only one I've tried and can recommend is Curse. I am so glad I didn't sign a contract and join one of the bigger Networks. I feel like when you do that you're limiting yourself a lot.

Haha I've only made 8 pence so far so i'm living the dream lol. The threshold does suck but they're a business and probably don't want to lose money otherwise everyone would be getting paid everyday and they may be give out too much.

Haha I've only made 8 pence so far so i'm living the dream lol. The threshold does suck but they're a business and probably don't want to lose money otherwise everyone would be getting paid everyday and they may be give out too much.
You get paid once a month and should get what you earn. :) They don't need a threshold but choose to have one. So Curse, is much better in that aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back