Is it a good idea to join a network if you're a small youtuber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harpuia

That "creepy" guy that makes Youtube videos.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm not sure how you mean that but it comes off as very rude. I will act as if your intention was not to sound snappy and you had general concern. I am a content creator, I don't work for Curse.

OP asked "So I was wondering if a joining a network would help my channel grow? And is it a good idea overall to join a network if you're a small YouTuber?" They didn't ask for a Network for them, they asked if one was helpful. I answered their question. Curse is fantastic and helps me a lot.
He means that Curse is a network that is designed solely for gamers. And he's not a gaming channel, so he needs to find a network that will take non-gaming channels that could potentially have the same benefits if not better than Curse, which I think not many exist.

Myself, I've been happy with Legacy. Very few complaints about them.

Reactions: Sullygaming

MissFushi

Kawaii Gamer Princess
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
He means that Curse is a network that is designed solely for gamers. And he's not a gaming channel, so he needs to find a network that will take non-gaming channels that could potentially have the same benefits if not better than Curse, which I think not many exist.

Myself, I've been happy with Legacy. Very few complaints about them.
I was answering their original question though, I have not viewed their channel. :) I have also heard good things about Legacy.

Harpuia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I was answering their original question though, I have not viewed their channel. :) I have also heard good things about Legacy.
I think Legacy has the potential to become a Curse alternative for non-gamers. With all the horrid MCNs out there right now, those two and CreativeNation do stand out. A lot of the ones parented by Zoonix are trying to get their name out there with fairly competitive rates/CPMs. I've made almost triple what I used to from just vanilla Youtube since joining Legacy.[DOUBLEPOST=1450795793,1450795695][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and I need to mention this too, for those looking to join MCNs because of the size (I got invited by TGN to join the other day). I am seeing size as more of a liability these days than anything else. If you have under 1,000 subs, try getting the 80 daily views to get to CreativeNation. Otherwise, Curse or Legacy is your best bet.

If you're not making at least 80 views a day (~2,500 views/month), you shouldn't be in a network IMO.

MissFushi

Kawaii Gamer Princess
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think Legacy has the potential to become a Curse alternative for non-gamers. With all the horrid MCNs out there right now, those two and CreativeNation do stand out. A lot of the ones parented by Zoonix are trying to get their name out there with fairly competitive rates/CPMs. I've made almost triple what I used to from just vanilla Youtube since joining Legacy.[DOUBLEPOST=1450795793,1450795695][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and I need to mention this too, for those looking to join MCNs because of the size (I got invited by TGN to join the other day). I am seeing size as more of a liability these days than anything else. If you have under 1,000 subs, try getting the 80 daily views to get to CreativeNation. Otherwise, Curse or Legacy is your best bet.

If you're not making at least 80 views a day (~2,500 views/month), you shouldn't be in a network IMO.
I got invited to join TGN too. What stuck out to me was when I started asking the recruiter questions and eventually they stopped responding. I didn't like that. But that's just my experience. I agree that smaller non-gamin channels need access to better networks. :(

Harpuia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I got invited to join TGN too. What stuck out to me was when I started asking the recruiter questions and eventually they stopped responding. I didn't like that. But that's just my experience. I agree that smaller non-gamin channels need access to better networks. :(
I asked one question: What will TGN offer me that Legacy will not?

He immediately went into how big the channel is and how they are home to several 1mil+ subs channel.

So you're basically telling me that I should leave a network that is promoting me far more than they should with any near-700 sub channel to join a network where I'm gonna get drowned out by the dozen or so 1mil+ sub channels and almost a hundred 100k+ sub channels? Oh and by researching them I found out they still do archaic contracts? Yeah... pass.

MissFushi

Kawaii Gamer Princess
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I asked one question: What will TGN offer me that Legacy will not?

He immediately went into how big the channel is and how they are home to several 1mil+ subs channel.

So you're basically telling me that I should leave a network that is promoting me far more than they should with any near-700 sub channel to join a network where I'm gonna get drowned out by the dozen or so 1mil+ sub channels and almost a hundred 100k+ sub channels? Oh and by researching them I found out they still do archaic contracts? Yeah... pass.

It is true that you would get drowned out. I feel like those big networks grab poach small channels so they can earn money off their pennies. A lot of people give up on youtube and this let's TGN or others keep earning money off you until your contract ends. Its like no loss for them, only gain.

Maybe I assume too much...but if a smaller network like legacy is actually helping you then I'd say they care a lot more about growth.

Harpuia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It is true that you would get drowned out. I feel like those big networks grab poach small channels so they can earn money off their pennies. A lot of people give up on youtube and this let's TGN or others keep earning money off you until your contract ends. Its like no loss for them, only gain.

Maybe I assume too much...but if a smaller network like legacy is actually helping you then I'd say they care a lot more about growth.
Well, they just recently set a sub minimum at 1,000 subs or an invite from the network CEO (take a guess how I got in). I think they prefer staying small, as networks that offer good benefits these days want good channels so they keep looking good. That's why Curse has a 1,000 sub + 4,000 view/month or 8000 view/month limit.

MissFushi

Kawaii Gamer Princess
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well, they just recently set a sub minimum at 1,000 subs or an invite from the network CEO (take a guess how I got in). I think they prefer staying small, as networks that offer good benefits these days want good channels so they keep looking good. That's why Curse has a 1,000 sub + 4,000 view/month or 8000 view/month limit.
One thing I like about the 1,000 sub requirement to join Curse was how I felt like I'd earned it. I know that's a superficial example but I do enjoy the thought that I had to get a distance on my own before I could join them.

Harpuia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
One thing I like about the 1,000 sub requirement to join Curse was how I felt like I'd earned it. I know that's a superficial example but I do enjoy the thought that I had to get a distance on my own before I could join them.
I could get in off the 8,000 views/month requirement. :D It helps that I make a ton of videos though a month to help that case.

Reactions: MissFushi

MissFushi

Kawaii Gamer Princess
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I could get in off the 8,000 views/month requirement. :D It helps that I make a ton of videos though a month to help that case.
8,000 views a month is really good! When I had 1,000 subs I didn't have 8k views a month yet. Now I get 2k views a day or more. Growth is exponential which is such a nice feeling. Its those slow days that get discouraging. :)

Reactions: Sullygaming
Status
Not open for further replies.