Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for your review man, it was super in-depth and your words are actually so kind haha. Puts a massive smile on my face :D. I will definitely be looking to be more passionate about sharing my videos and asking for people to show their support man, I had a feeling that I wasn't doing enough of it and that has just been confirmed. Hopefully this will improve the all round interactions and support that people have and are willing to give. The outtro is something that definitely needs reworking, I'm going to change it up and make it more modernized. I have had that outro for so long now and it use to match the old theme of my channel but not so much anymore. Again, thank you for the review brother, I hope to see you around :) Keep up the awesome advice that you are giving people.
No problem at all, friend! I guarantee if you fix those things, you'll be glad you did! Keep doing it for the fun and enjoy it my friend![DOUBLEPOST=1458071972,1458071456][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey AJ! I'd like a review for my channel if possible :)
Hey!
I this is the first music channel I will have ever reviewed, so it'll be interesting haha! Good thing I'm really into music :D
First, awesome covers. Great song choices and great quality. All of the audio and video sound and look great.
The music is outstanding.
If I were you, I'd get a new banner for your channel. Something with words that matches the theme of your channel. Try the requests forums for channel art here on YTTalk.
In the thumbnails, I really like the snapshots that you have, but I think they are lacking.
Look how BoyceAvenue, a great cover artist, does his thumbnails: https://www.youtube.com/user/boyceavenue/videos
See the lighting effects? The focus on detail? That's what would help make people scrolling through after they type in "Love Yourself Cover" go, "Aw that looks cool, it must sound good if it LOOKS good."
You could probably use more tags. MAKE SURE TO TAG YOURSELF AS AN ARTIST. When people want more of your content and type you in, they'll go straight to your videos that way.
You definitely need to upload more often. Try 2 weeks per video. That would give you time to compose, record, edit, and then launch the video. It will give your channel more traffic and attention.
Overall, you have a good start. BUT to grow more, ask for subs and a like at the end of a good song, people will notice and do just that.
Great channel and great music! Keep playing!
Good luck![DOUBLEPOST=1458072263][/DOUBLEPOST]
Me please?
What's up Cristy?
First of all you have a catchy name, so for a vlogger that's good.
Make sure to use those tags! That's how people find you and if they find you, you get more views and so on...
Your thumbnails and banner are decent, but not professional. It wouldn't hurt to get new ones, but definitely is fine for now.
You NEED to go HD with your videos. 720p minimum. YouTube has become a quality-battleground and it would help to have that extra quality.
You are very funny and connect well with the audience.
If you can make great titles, put a lengthy description, tags, and get HD you have the ability to grow.
You just NEED to go HD and put TAGS. Those are huge, especially for your type of channel!
GOOD LUCK!

No problem at all, friend! I guarantee if you fix those things, you'll be glad you did! Keep doing it for the fun and enjoy it my friend![DOUBLEPOST=1458071972,1458071456][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey!
I this is the first music channel I will have ever reviewed, so it'll be interesting haha! Good thing I'm really into music :D
First, awesome covers. Great song choices and great quality. All of the audio and video sound and look great.
If I were you, I'd get a new banner for your channel. Something with words that matches the theme of your channel. Try the requests forums for channel art here on YTTalk.
In the thumbnails, I really like the snapshots that you have, but I think they are lacking.
Look how BoyceAvenue, a great cover artist, does his thumbnails: https://www.youtube.com/user/boyceavenue/videos
See the lighting effects? The focus on detail? That's what would help make people scrolling through after they type in "Love Yourself Cover" go, "Aw that looks cool, it must sound good if it LOOKS good."
You could probably use more tags. MAKE SURE TO TAG YOURSELF AS AN ARTIST. When people want more of your content and type you in, they'll go straight to your videos that way.
You definitely need to upload more often. Try 2 weeks per video. That would give you time to compose, record, edit, and then launch the video. It will give your channel more traffic and attention.
Overall, you have a good start. BUT to grow more, ask for subs and a like at the end of a good song, people will notice and do just that.
Good luck![DOUBLEPOST=1458072263][/DOUBLEPOST]
What's up Cristy?
First of all you have a catchy name, so for a vlogger that's good.
Make sure to use those tags! That's how people find you and if they find you, you get more views and so on...
Your thumbnails and banner are decent, but not professional. It wouldn't hurt to get new ones, but definitely is fine for now.
You NEED to go HD with your videos. 720p minimum. YouTube has become a quality-battleground and it would help to have that extra quality.
You are very funny and connect well with the audience.
If you can make great titles, put a lengthy description, tags, and get HD you have the ability to grow.
You just NEED to go HD and put TAGS. Those are huge, especially for your type of channel!
GOOD LUCK!
You're right. I have no freakin idea how to make the tags work in my favor. I'm a butt. I never know what to put there or the descriptions. I'm so bad.
Also, I was working on my banner all day yesterday, was having brain diarrhea and just went with simple. I know deep down it's not exactly me, but I need to think about it more :( Ideas, or no? lol

Thank you for taking the time to look at my channel!

[DOUBLEPOST=1457894438][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey Sam!
First thing is you need to upload more than once a week. Try 2 or 3 times a week if possible.
Like I told Duck, use Gimp 2.0 for thumbnails and for your channel banner to fix it. Use this font: http://www.dafont.com/american-captain.font
Your thumbnail needs to be bright and colorful. DON'T USE BROWN WORDS. This is hard to see and not appealing.
I would not use that intro because it may turn away viewers because it is so long and not super high quality. I recently stopped using intros all together.
Go and ask on here or forums or reddit for an artist to make you an icon and a banner for your channel. That will help you a lot.
You have pretty high audio and video quality, but they could also improve a little bit.
Use Audacity to remove background noise and to make the audio more crisp and clear.
Overall, your channel needs improvement. But I've had to improve a lot before I got any views or subs as well, and I still need to improve in order to grow!
Good luck with your channel mate! Ask for advice on here and people will always help![DOUBLEPOST=1457894666][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it and i am going to take everything in to consideration! I use Photoshop elements 11 at the moment for my thumbnails, should i consider switching to gimp?

Last edited:
[DOUBLEPOST=1457894438][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey Sam!
First thing is you need to upload more than once a week. Try 2 or 3 times a week if possible.
Like I told Duck, use Gimp 2.0 for thumbnails and for your channel banner to fix it. Use this font: http://www.dafont.com/american-captain.font
Your thumbnail needs to be bright and colorful. DON'T USE BROWN WORDS. This is hard to see and not appealing.
I would not use that intro because it may turn away viewers because it is so long and not super high quality. I recently stopped using intros all together.
Go and ask on here or forums or reddit for an artist to make you an icon and a banner for your channel. That will help you a lot.
You have pretty high audio and video quality, but they could also improve a little bit.
Use Audacity to remove background noise and to make the audio more crisp and clear.
Overall, your channel needs improvement. But I've had to improve a lot before I got any views or subs as well, and I still need to improve in order to grow!
Good luck with your channel mate! Ask for advice on here and people will always help![DOUBLEPOST=1457894666][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it and i am going to take everything in to consideration! I use Photoshop elements 11 at the moment for my thumbnails, should i consider switching to gimp?
I find GIMP 2.0 very user friendly and easy to use. It has lots of features that require tutorials, but in just a week or two you will be making great looking thumbnails![DOUBLEPOST=1458078790,1458078624][/DOUBLEPOST]
You're right. I have no freakin idea how to make the tags work in my favor. I'm a butt. I never know what to put there or the descriptions. I'm so bad.
Also, I was working on my banner all day yesterday, was having brain diarrhea and just went with simple. I know deep down it's not exactly me, but I need to think about it more :( Ideas, or no? lol

Thank you for taking the time to look at my channel!
Go to the "Request" forums for channel art on YTTalk and you'll see people willing to help you with your banner! And as for tags, type in your video title in youtube and see what it "fills in" after what you've typed. For example: I type in "Top 10 Video Games..." and you'll see it add on "Top 10 Video Games 2016" "Top 10 Video Games Xbox" and things like that. If my video is in 2016, has Xbox games, I can use those as tags to get higher in the search engine. It's a guessing game and it's not easy or pretty, but has proven to be effective!

I find GIMP 2.0 very user friendly and easy to use. It has lots of features that require tutorials, but in just a week or two you will be making great looking thumbnails![DOUBLEPOST=1458078790,1458078624][/DOUBLEPOST]
Go to the "Request" forums for channel art on YTTalk and you'll see people willing to help you with your banner! And as for tags, type in your video title in youtube and see what it "fills in" after what you've typed. For example: I type in "Top 10 Video Games..." and you'll see it add on "Top 10 Video Games 2016" "Top 10 Video Games Xbox" and things like that. If my video is in 2016, has Xbox games, I can use those as tags to get higher in the search engine. It's a guessing game and it's not easy or pretty, but has proven to be effective!
Thanks! You da best! :)

Hey!
Good luck!

AJ you are awesome! Thanks for being real positive and expressing such in-depth criticism. I'm glad you like your music, because you surely know what you're talking about!
I agree with getting a new banner. In fact, I whipped that one up in photoshop in about 1 hour because my channel looked naked without one!
Great point about thumbnails, I think I'll do a similar style to Boyce Avenue, it makes the videos look much more professional. And when it comes to music, people love the professional production quality, so it's good to advertise it before they even click on a link.

I'll take pretty much everything you've said on board. Thank you for being such a great sport! You've definitely earned a viewer/sub on my main video-watching channel! (Not to mention your content is pretty great too, hahaha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back