I Want To Review YOUR Channel In This Thread!!!

MiketheDbacker26

Let's Player
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Would you take a look at mine thanks, would be much appreciated :)
Your audio and video quality are like an orgasm in my ears....weird, but honestly, your videos are SOOO pleasing to listen to. Your voice is sooo clear, it's very easy to hear the game, and the HD quality looks fantastic. You literally have the PERFECT setup, and whatever equipment you use, you better NEVER EVER EVER replace it :p (I'm watching your Dear Esther vids, btw). Your commentary is really good as well, you aren't boring, but you're not exactly hilarious. You take a more informative approach, which is fine, humor isn't the only way to run a channel, and you do good for what you're doing. In all honesty, I don't know why you don't have more subs, but I'd have to chalk it up to game decision, and the fact that, like you said, you haven't finished many games (Dear Esther seems to be the only one). I can't stand LPers that don't finish the games that they start, unless they have a legitimately good reason for doing it. That's an area I'd recommend you fix, but honestly, you should have more subs, and all I can say is if you play more mainstream games (Saints Row The Third, I see you started that one ;)), I think more people would come flocking to your channel!

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Your audio and video quality are like an orgasm in my ears....weird, but honestly, your videos are SOOO pleasing to listen to. Your voice is sooo clear, it's very easy to hear the game, and the HD quality looks fantastic. You literally have the PERFECT setup, and whatever equipment you use, you better NEVER EVER EVER replace it :p (I'm watching your Dear Esther vids, btw). Your commentary is really good as well, you aren't boring, but you're not exactly hilarious. You take a more informative approach, which is fine, humor isn't the only way to run a channel, and you do good for what you're doing. In all honesty, I don't know why you don't have more subs, but I'd have to chalk it up to game decision, and the fact that, like you said, you haven't finished many games (Dear Esther seems to be the only one). I can't stand LPers that don't finish the games that they start, unless they have a legitimately good reason for doing it. That's an area I'd recommend you fix, but honestly, you should have more subs, and all I can say is if you play more mainstream games (Saints Row The Third, I see you started that one ;)), I think more people would come flocking to your channel!
I have a really cheap set up tbh, my mic is from my Turtle Beach headset, and I record it all through FRAPS :)
I do agree though, I really hate people that don't finish games, and I hate myself for it, but it just depends what I'm in the mood to play, but I think I'll try to narrow it down to 3 series atm, and then complete the others as it goes on :)
I'm glad you liked my channel, I am trying to advertise as much as I can, and also the Dear Esther I took a more serious approach, I make more jokes in some of my other videos like Happy Wheels and such :) Thanks for the feedback though! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1358793062,1358792887][/DOUBLEPOST]
In all honesty, I don't know why you don't have more subs, but I'd have to chalk it up to game decision, and the fact that, like you said, you haven't finished many games (Dear Esther seems to be the only one). I can't stand LPers that don't finish the games that they start, unless they have a legitimately good reason for doing it.
To do with the finishing, with a few games its came down to game bugs making it uplayable, like in my Alice:Madness Returns series, but I've fixed that one, and I'm working on the others :)

Reactions: MiketheDbacker26

MiketheDbacker26

Let's Player
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'd be glad if you could give me a honest review! Thanks in advance!
Oh, I'll give you honest :p.

Your first video is witty (you making Viking Bread, basically creating yourself). Let me say, though, one problem I have, is your lack of uploading. I can respect vlogs and skit channels uploading every couple of weeks, but a gaming channel doesn't have that excuse, especially one with videos that are 3 minutes. You should be able to upload videos more consistenly, maybe 2-3 per week. Try to do what I do, and take 3 hours out of 1 day of the week to record as much as you can. I'll usually wake up at like 8 am on Saturday, record until 11 or 12, and then have enough videos to satisfy the week. Try to find time where you can make 2-3 videos, then have those videos go up for the week. School/work sucks, I know, but if you want your channel to grow (and I'm guessing that's why you asked for a review :D), then you'll need to try to upload more often.

I like your commentary, and you're funny and entertaining. Your video and audio quality is really good, and you're fun to listen to. Even though you've kinda done it before, maybe you should think of making full blown montages of Halo 4. You seem capable of coming up with good commentary, and I think Halo 4 montages are rarer than CoD ones, so it could net you some new subs.

Reactions: Kevin Fo

Kevin Fo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer
Actually i'm now working on a parody sketch but nevertheless you're absolutely right about my bad upload schedule! I'll try to improve it, also thanks for the sub ;)!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sorry guys, I completely forgot this topic existed. Anyway, here goes!

I like your CoD videos, but your channel has DIFFERENT CoD videos, which is good. I mean you have the clan tag videos, the comparison of Black Ops and Modern Warfare, and other stuff. It's not just simply montages, which is good, since it makes your channel stand out in a really large crowd of CoD commentators. Your idea of allowing anybody to join your clan is also a good way of getting subs involved in your channel, and thus making them more active! One thing I might recommend is to go back to what you were doing before. You used to do Minecraft, you have one LoL video and a couple Happy Wheels ones. Try to mix it up, get some variety out there. If you're focused on JUST Call of Duty, the you can ignore this, but it seems to me that you're willing to expand, and that could influence a wider audience to subscribe to your channel.
Thank you for the review! And yes I'll try to get more games for variety on my channel altough I won't do much minecraft since I kind of god bored of the game and just play once in a while...

davion100

Awesome Let's Plays
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm going to just review your two Don't Starve videos, just since the other ones are really old.
First and foremost, you need to get EXCITED. You sound bored to death in your videos. You don't talk a whole lot, there are a lot of pauses between commentary, and you're so quiet. You say some funny thing at times, but you need to have commentary that instantly grabs the viewer, and I'll be honest, your commentary didn't do that for me. Not because you're boring, but when you sound bored, it has a radiating effect on your viewers. It's a problem I have as well, and something I've been working on, but just think of it this way: how you sound, is how your viewers will feel. Try to be louder, maybe turn your mic volume up during the editing phase, speak with some emotion!!! You say some really entertaining things, and you're funny, but you have to sell it. It's not always about what you say, but how you say it! :)

Now, some positives, you have high quality videos, even in 360p your videos are beautiful! Yes, most people have HD, but your HD is nice, not fake or ugly. Your videos are really sharp, and it's pleasing to the eye. Overall, you seem to have potential, just try to work on your emotion a bit, and I think you could have a really good thing going for you!
Ya, I noticed that I have this problem, and I have to learn to talk with more excitement :D And for the quality, thanks, I really read alot and played alot with the settings to make it look good and I made a tutorial here so people can read it :)

Anthony71

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey could you check out my channel and tell me what i'm doing wrong or if i'm on the right track. I would appreciate the opinion.

MiketheDbacker26

Let's Player
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey could you check out my channel and tell me what i'm doing wrong or if i'm on the right track. I would appreciate the opinion.
I like how your background shows the two games that you're playing, though it may not have your name on it, it does represent your channel, which is really good. It gives people an idea of what to expect if they subscribe. Also, I watched a couple of your Dead Space videos, and your commentary is really good. There's a good vibe I get when you commentate on your videos, and you seem like a very easy person to like, in my opinion. One thing, and a minor one, you don't need to put your name in the title of the video. People know it's your video, I've always found it weird when people do that. I get it if you have guests, but it's assumed that you will be in your own video, but if you like it like that then it's fine.

Overall, I like your commentary, and you are a fun guy to listen to! You still are relatively new, but I think LPing could fit you just nicely!

Mike Kowalski

Director of ImaginationLand
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am interested, review my channel if the mood strikes you ;)

Tipsy Tricks

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd love a review of our channel!

We bought a new camera, but we're still uploading videos we shot prior to the purchase. We posted a video response (to Grant) that uses the new one; don't count that as one of the two vids, just as a quick peek at the new camera if you would :) You're awesome for creating this thread!