I Want To Review YOUR Channel In This Thread!!!

MiketheDbacker26

Let's Player
So, I don't know if this is really a good idea or not, but I'll give it a shot. If you post in here, I'll review your channel on these factors: Channel Design, Audio Quality, Video Quality, Commentary (if it applies), Overall Appeal. It won't be insanely detailed reviews, but I'll do my best. I just thought it'd be a good idea because I know threads here move fast, and a lot of times people don't get the quality reviews they deserve! I'll try to keep up as best as I can, since I have the next 6 days off of school! If you want, let me know if you're interested!

And just so we're clear, I'm going to watch your 2 most recent uploaded videos that are of substantial content. So if you're wondering where I got my information from, that's where.

I'M INTERESTED...and i have it in all caps so u know whats up LOL:D

Can do!

Channel Design: 7/10 You have a unique background, with your name on it and everything, which is always good. It’s a little plain, but that’s not a huge deal, since it is enough. Your avatar is relevant to the games you’re playing, but you should maybe consider getting one with your name on it (something I need to do as well…)

Audio Quality: 7/10. The game audio was easy to hear and understand, and so was your voice! One problem, though, in your Halo Commentary. The mic seemed to glitch multiple times throughout the video. I didn’t notice it in the Dead Space video, and it got better at the end of the Halo vid, so it could’ve just been a bad recording, but it’s still something I noticed.

Video Quality: 8/10. HD is where it’s at! But more importantly, you have videos that fit the screen, and you don’t have the fake HD that doesn’t look any better than the
480p. The quality of the video is nice, I think.

Commentary: 9/10. You don’t seem nervous or shy, and you show emotion when necessary (though in Dead Space, I think it forces emotion out of you at times haha!). The most important part, though, is you talk when you’re supposed to. You don’t talk over dialogue scenes, and you talk a lot during the action. I also enjoyed the Halo Commentary (and agreed with a lot of your points about gamers complaining a lot…we all totally do it!). Overall, I think you’re entertaining, and are on a good path!

Overall Appeal: 8/10 I think your videos are really entertaining, mainly because of your commentary! You don’t seem shy, and you definitely know what you are doing. Best part is, you’re only 3 weeks old, so you have a lot of time to grow and get better. Some things won’t come until you get more experience, but for where you are in age, you’re on a good path, and ahead of a lot of other LPers out there, in my opinion.

check out my channel! lol. though I suggest you check out at least one of the VGM episodes since the latest vids are my movie reviews.

check out my channel! lol. though I suggest you check out at least one of the VGM episodes since the latest vids are my movie reviews.

Alright, I'll look at the VGM Episode [Insert Number Here] Videos!!!

Channel Design: 7/10 It's good to have a channel background that's unique, and one's with photos of yourself is always good (reminds me of the shaytards!!!). The only thing is it looks a tad bit messy. Nothing too bad, but just scrolling down fast, it seemed a little...off.

Audio Quality: n/a. I won't really grade the audio, since you do vlogs, and that usually coincides with video quality in this case. Just look at the video quality section.

Video Quality: 6/10. Honestly, it isn't great. The screen isn't fullscreen, which makes it a little annoying to watch. Since none of your videos are 100% gaming, I won't dock you too much for not having a capture card, simply because it doesn't seem like that's really the POINT of the channel, but the quality is poor in many aspects.

Commentary/Content: 8/10 This is where you shine, I think. You seem very enthusiastic, and amidst all the poor quality, I found YOU and the people in your videos to be entertaining, and that's ultimately what kept me watching. You know your information when talking about certain video game topics, and your editing skill are good as well. I think you have a good enough channel to make it somewhat well-known, but if you ever want to take that next step, I'd try to make your videos fullscreen, and definitely HD.

Overall Appeal: 7/10 If you take out the quality problems, I'd give you a 9/10. It's original, unique, and entertaining as a whole, but the quality might be a dealbreaker for some people. Still, I thought it was a good channel, and you have a lot of room to improve![DOUBLEPOST=1358408673,1358408368][/DOUBLEPOST]
AusEnvy Background will be shrunk tomorrow this is how its going to look http://oi46.tinypic.com/28uumx.jpg

Channel Design: 9/10 Going by the picture you posted, you'll have a good, basic background, but the good type of basic. You also have an avatar with your name in it and a cool looking logo in the middle. You have a good-looking channel, and I can say it makes a good, professional first impression.

Audio Quality: 8/10 Though your voice wasn't anywhere, the music sounds clear! The audio sounded good!

Video Quality: 10/10 The editing is really good, and the videos are both HD...come to think of it, did you even want me to do this, seeing as you have a combined video time of less than 1 minute...whatever, I'll keep going anyway.

Commentary: n/a You haven't had any yet.

Overall Appeal: I can't give a rating for this, seeing as you have almost nothing on your channel...I don't even know if you wanted this haha, but you have two cool, nicely edited videos on your channel that are a good first step, as well as your channel design!

I think I've seen you do these before, (i like how ur so active) I'm curious what you think of mine so far given I'm new. Anyways honest opinions always welcome! :D

I think I've seen you do these before, (i like how ur so active) I'm curious what you think of mine so far given I'm new. Anyways honest opinions always welcome! :D

I've never made a topic like this, but I do like going into other threads and reviewing people that want it. And I'm pretty new, too. And let me start off by saying I LOVE Goldeneye!!! Anyway, here goes:

Channel Design: 7/10. It's a picture, but nothing that says anything about you. No pictures of you (though this is more for vloggers anyway), no username. It's unique, but you should have something that says "you" in it (not literally the word you but you get the idea ;)). Your avatar is a picture of you, I'm guessing, so that's good!

Audio Quality: 8/10 Your mic quality is good. Not great, but not bad. Your voice is really clear, and the game is loud enough to where you can hear what is going on. A lot of people have it too quiet to where you can't hear the gunshots and yelling, and some have it too load to where it overshadows their commentary. You seem to have a good balance.

Video Quality: 6/10 Since Goldeneye is an N64 game, I can't judge it on those videos, so I looked at your CoD montage, and I have to say, your HD is a lie. Same with your first commentary introducing you. The original quality wasn't good, so I switched to HD, and I didn't notice a difference. You may want to switch capture cards (I personally recommend the Elgato) since yours isn't giving HD footage the way it should be.

Commentary/Content: 8/10 I think you are entertaining, and you talk the entire time. You don't seem to run out of things to talk about, which is good. The worst thing for an LPer is to not have anything to say. Your Goldeneye videos are very informative, and you do have some funny moments as well!

Overall Appeal: 8/10 I think that, outside of the HD problem, you have good videos, and you still are very young Youtube-wise (only 8 videos in) so you still have a ton of time to fix things up! For your first 8 vids, you're doing pretty well for yourself.

Well im interesteeeeed :D BTW watch mah latest vid xD Mah first commentary alone D: Well im pretty proud of it xD And i have no background :( But im still designin it xD And im also workin on mah outro so moaar stuffs are comming up XD

Well im interesteeeeed :D BTW watch mah latest vid xD Mah first commentary alone D: Well im pretty proud of it xD And i have no background :( But im still designin it xD And im also workin on mah outro so moaar stuffs are comming up XD

Alright, you got it!!! So many of you guys are making me watch these scary vids at night haha. Silent Hill, a good choice in game, by the way!

Channel Design: 4/10 Yeah, you already told me you had no background. Once you get that new one up, though, it'll be better!

Audio Quality: 7.5/10 You were easy to understand, and the game volume didn't overshadow your voice. You had a good balance with it. Your mic quality wasn't GREAT, but it was decent, decent enough :)

Video Quality: n/a I can't really grade this because you're playing an old game, and so HD will obviously not look totally HD, but I'll just say that for what it is, the quality is good. It's just hard to judge when you can't make the quality anything better than 360p, you know?

Commentary/Content: 8.5/10 Your commentary is good, and you're pretty funny as well! You don't sound bored or anything, which is important; you sound like you're having fun with it.

Overall Appeal: 9/10 I think you are an excellent commentator, and I really enjoy Silent Hill as well! I think you have a lot of potential, and you only have 4 videos up! To get so many subs so fast should tell you something!

Back