How to Hit 1000 Subs: 2 Growth Models Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerpleston42

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks this really helped, I have been trying to get farther into youtube and this really helped. Thanks so much[DOUBLEPOST=1410100380,1410100323][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lol all of you people talking about like 10000 subs with only 500 views...try having only 7 subs and 30 per vid. And I post daily gaming video. that, is a motivational killer. :(
Hey don't worry you will get there, just keep trying as hard as you can you have to work as hard as you can it takes time

TheChillNebula

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Cool, nothing wrong with mixing and matching. The gateway videos can help your consistent content grow faster.

Here is the short SEO advice/explanation:
-Search Engine Optimization is what allows you to be found in search results.
-To rank in search results, use specific keywords and phrases.
-BE SPECIFIC!!! "How to change weapons in Call of duty" NOT "Call of duty"
-Know your limits: The smaller your channel, the more obscure topics you will have to rank for. Better to be front page for a more obscure topic than 3rd page for a major topic. (You will likely never rank front page for "Guitar Tips" "Minecraft" "Comedy skit" "Vlog" or similar)
-Use your entire title space, tag space, and write a long specific description using the keywords.
-Views and interaction play a role in your rank on youtube as well.

I plan to! I have a few more in the works "So you want to make money on YT?" "How to get to 10k subs (channel longevity)" And a few more technical ones about editing and mic usage.
Great advice. I've learned a lot from this site.

ohaple

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks this really helped, I have been trying to get farther into youtube and this really helped. Thanks so much[DOUBLEPOST=1410100380,1410100323][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey don't worry you will get there, just keep trying as hard as you can you have to work as hard as you can it takes time
Happy to help! Always fun to share learning with the community.

Great advice. I've learned a lot from this site.
Me too. I don't visit YTT as often now that I have gotten used to the whole youtube process, but the methods listed in my guides on here are still working for me. I am up past 14k subs now. Not the biggest in the world, but I am happy with the growth anyways. Hoping to pass 2 million views by december! :) You guys can do the same with some hard work.

BeeNee101

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do tutorial videos to help promote my let's plays. The tutorials drive people to my channel and I have links/annotations to a relevant let's play.

It's worked out fairly well for me so far - the tutorials get lots of views and direct new people to my more consistent content

DarkJ

Reaction score
This was a very informative thread! Thanks for this, I never thought of any of this from that type of aspect... I just sorta make videos because I really like to make them and I love playing video games. This gives me a better understanding of what the Viewer audience is looking for. Thanks again.

MrMauriceTL

Random Let's Play Gamer!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This was really helpful! I am going to try to stick with the consistency model. I have been trying that for a while and because of school my channel kinda collapsed a little, less views and stuff and less subscribers each month. So I am going to try and stay consistent!

ohaple

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This was really helpful! I am going to try to stick with the consistency model. I have been trying that for a while and because of school my channel kinda collapsed a little, less views and stuff and less subscribers each month. So I am going to try and stay consistent!
Keep at it! A little update to the analogy: Sneak0 and I haven't been working closely anymore, but we have both continued our growth models.
He is nearly at 16k subscribers, using the consistency model. He has about 830,000 views.
I am at 14,500 subs, using the gateway video model. I have just under 2million views (should hit that this week).

You can see by this that his work seems to provide more loyal fans who are more likely to subscribe, but my method allows for higher views overall. Both are valid and valuable, just thought I would give an update to show some more proof for the guide.

EDIT: I also forgot to post the number of videos. Since he cut back to weekly videos, he has a little over half my # of videos (274/443) 61% as many videos. But he has 40% my views. Even with video number calculated, gateway videos seem to do a better job of views, but consistency is better for subs.

DarkJ

Reaction score
Subscribed :)

LAN Party

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great breakdown!
I also really find TheSneak0's videos really hilarious.[DOUBLEPOST=1415920756,1415919958][/DOUBLEPOST]@ohaple I just watched the video on how to get thousands of views and the stuff you say is so useful thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.