How to Hit 1000 Subs: 2 Growth Models Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an issue that I consistently run into on my own channel. Topical news is not a searched thing as much as one would think otherwise. It gets searches for a few days to maybe a week and then it's old news. I have no lack of quality, but the type of content simply doesn't rank anywhere. Let's Play episodes get somewhere between 50-100 views after a week or so, the Feature Creep series will get 200+, and all with 4000 subscribers. Unfortunately those numbers often come with a fair bit of motivation killing.

This is an issue that I consistently run into on my own channel. Topical news is not a searched thing as much as one would think otherwise. It gets searches for a few days to maybe a week and then it's old news. I have no lack of quality, but the type of content simply doesn't rank anywhere. Let's Play episodes get somewhere between 50-100 views after a week or so, the Feature Creep series will get 200+, and all with 4000 subscribers. Unfortunately those numbers often come with a fair bit of motivation killing.
I feel you. At almost 11k subs, many of my videos only get 300-500 views. This is from me fragmenting my audience. Stay consistent. Those initial searches will help you grow over time. Worked for sxephil. Why not you?

Thanks for the good advice. I kinda knew there were different ways to make a channel grow but well done for articulating it so well.

Our channel is probably a mix of both. Originally we had podcasts and lets plays. But we decided to ditch the podcast purely because long videos from small channels just wont pull in the viewers.

Instead we're going to be doing news recaps twice a week that are shorter (about 10 minutes) and packed with information. So I guess in a way we'll be using both methods.

I'm excited to see where this will go! :p

Great advice!

For myself, I think I'll get in the second group as soon as I start making weekly videos. But I'll try to grow through social media and interacting with people in the comment section of Youtube

Lol all of you people talking about like 10000 subs with only 500 views...try having only 7 subs and 30 per vid. And I post daily gaming video. that, is a motivational killer. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back