How to grow a large gaming channel.

Nice guide, it jumpstarts LOTS of gamers, but sadly, true gaming youtubers are just buried under CALL OF DUTY, CALL OF DUTY, CALL OF DUTY.
Cod is very bad for growing gaming channels, in fact cod channels are fading a lot. I get more exponential growth than Faze Clan which was like one of the biggest cod channels.

It's so bad for exponential growth since the largest audience only watches the latest call of duty, if you make a video for cod ghosts, only a minority will watch it in 2 years. Take for example a moba like LoL, if you made a video 1 year ago, people will still watch it in 10 years, if we assume that LoL is still a big game.[DOUBLEPOST=1385923472,1385923440][/DOUBLEPOST]
what you wanna do is just make your videos more frequent... i mean look at my channel, i've got the 2nd most popular channel on youtube!
Please explain on what basis you can say that your channel is the 2nd most popular.

I have a gaming channel which has just hit 1k subs but i am always looking for new ways to improve and share my videos. the thing is for me is that i would much rather spend my time on making my next video really good rather than trying to promote my previous video. I use twitter and facebook to share my videos but it is not really working so i am going to try reddit. thanks for the advice :)

a good read indeed.

I had a feeling that LPs were bad for channel growth I came to the same conclusion when I realized my LP videos weren't the ones growing my channel but my gateway videos were (Bruce Lee/Law videos).

As much as I enjoy doing and watching LPs, its allot harder for a channel solely based on LPs to grow these days IMO.

Here's a question though, if LP-based content is not exactly good at growing content, then how do you attract people who like LPs? I have a community of people who are subbed to me who I can guess either A. Like Tekken and or B. like Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan. Though I have a small community, my LP videos don't get anywhere near as much videos as my Tekken based content does.

This is quite a good lil'how-to. I heard reddit's good for getting yourself out there, could anyone possibly tell me what reddit is? I looked at it awhile and I found it a bit hard to understand how it really reaches possible fans.

i find this helpful for gaming channels, because most of my friends have youtube channels, and all they do is let's play after let's play to no avail, and their channels are struggling atm!

Back