How to grow a large gaming channel.

soulred12

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Gamer
Well just remember that 5PM American time = middle of the night in other countries. But if you're just worried about an American audience, then 5-6PM EST might be okay because that'll "straddle" the times most kids get out of school and your stuff will be waiting for the adults when they get out of work.

DISCLAIMER: This is just a guess based on pure speculation, lol

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What about Times etc? Best to do it after 5pm American time or can I post any time? :p
Depends on where your audience is located, posting when people are online is optimal, but people aren't online at the same time in the US as for example Canada.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Another thing to append to what uber has said. Not only is good quality content key, but also searchable content even more so. The reason I mention it is that I tend towards higher production value content, high fidelity, high audio quality etc. However, my best stuff is topical news and the fact of the matter is that people don't search YouTube for topical news, they revert to their known good YouTubers. This makes that type of content very difficult to rank for and general game reddits like /r/gaming and /r/games don't react well to self promotion in the same way that the league and GTA reddits do.

daviddoesgaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use twitter, facebook pages, google + to get my videos out there in the open. Hashtags are a good way to put your video in the right category and you can use them on facebook and google + . I have a very small channel at the moment, but I am using my time to learn how to get the videos out there for people to have a chance of viewing.

Thanks for the post and I will be sure to use some of these techniques in my next video.

SandSeven7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the guide, and as usual I've got a lot to learn. I got lucky and started posting Castle Clash videos. The quality suffers while the content is good. I just started tagging a few days ago. It's not a big channel by any means; however, I'm shocked. A lot of what you said in your guide is the reason for my early success.

Thank You

RobbieLizzie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
These tips are very useful and I can definitely agree with content. Its great to get a good level of content into the video, which is why I have a facecam and record my voice, in addition to what is going on anuyway. Its pretty neat.

Blazikiller

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great tips to help small gaming channels grow! I enjoy what Im doing right now, but it's always nice to earn the attention of a larger audience.

Reactions: RobbieLizzie

RobbieLizzie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great tips to help small gaming channels grow! I enjoy what Im doing right now, but it's always nice to earn the attention of a larger audience.
This is it exactly, doing it for fun is my primary reason for doing it but it would be nice if I could attract a wider base