How to grow a large gaming channel.

Glup

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I'm trying to focus greatly on these gateway videos, while also improving my content. However, I'm noticing I have no idea how to make gateway videos for anything not Minecraft, or any videos that would get my minecraft audience over to my other content.
Any chance you (or anyone else) could have a short look and see if you have any potential ideas for me? Would be greatly appreciated ^_^

soulred12

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Gamer
So I get the idea behind "make gateway videos," but c'mon...that's basically like saying "to get big in the app store you just have to make a smash hit." Are there any strategies for tailoring videos to be gateway videos?

Wizz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Guy's and girls reading this thread that want more traffic, like @uberdanger has said, USE TWITTER! it's amazing for traiffic, I just want to hit on something that @uberdanger didnt - Use #tags/hashtags

Don't know what a #tag/hashtag is? I'll show you

Example tweet: Where to find Scuba Diving Gear in GTA 5 - MUST WATCH! [insert link here] #GTA5 #GTAV #GTA

When using a "#" before a word it automatically get posted to a page dedicated to that subject, so for anyone reading that page they will see your post

@uberdanger maybe you could add the hashtag post into your original post for those who don't know how to use Twitter?

If you guy's need help using Twitter just follow me and tweet me - @akaWZZ

Reactions: daviddoesgaming

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Guy's and girls reading this thread that want more traffic, like @uberdanger has said, USE TWITTER! it's amazing for traiffic, I just want to hit on something that @uberdanger didnt - Use #tags/hashtags

Don't know what a #tag/hashtag is? I'll show you

Example tweet: Where to find Scuba Diving Gear in GTA 5 - MUST WATCH! [insert link here] #GTA5 #GTAV #GTA

When using a "#" before a word it automatically get posted to a page dedicated to that subject, so for anyone reading that page they will see your post

@uberdanger maybe you could add the hashtag post into your original post for those who don't know how to use Twitter?

If you guy's need help using Twitter just follow me and tweet me - @akaWZZ
I don't generally use Twitter, however tweeting at riot employees has helped me.

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
how do you mean at riot employees?
The game I make videos for is League of legends, Riot makes League of Legends, Riot employees have Twitter accounts, if Riot employees like my videos, they can promote them on riot's facebook page which has over 6 million likes.

trydar

Reaction score
thanks for the guide. trying to put some of your ideas into practice. but I suspect that since I do minecraft my niche hurts the gateway vid approach a lot.

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
thanks for the guide. trying to put some of your ideas into practice. but I suspect that since I do minecraft my niche hurts the gateway vid approach a lot.
You still just have to be unique, I'd say minecraft makes it easy, r/minecraft ftw.

Reactions: trydar

trydar

Reaction score
You still just have to be unique, I'd say minecraft makes it easy, r/minecraft ftw.
ive been thinking about trying the reddit, but im not sure I have a good enough gateway vid yet to try my luck on it, /r can be pretty vicious and unforgiving. I will give it a go when I know I have a winner tho. =)