Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great advice and a good read.

dand963

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Gamer
The leap of faith is true, I did it; but I only got around 10-20 subs because my country's not great when it comes to Youtube. It's kinda rare to find people that actually have a G+ account and would sub to people. Wish I was somewhere else, but hey, it did get me somewhere!

nikkisy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for sharing your advice! I also think family and friends are a good start to promote yourself

kacypony

Reaction score
Yea this is the method I tried. I post on facebook, but I think there is so much on the feed that its not up for very long before it is at the bottom of the feed and no one notices it. Maybe I will make a facebook page for my channel. Also showing to my family and friends definitely helped but I think they are getting tired of me saying watch my new video lol. I think I've over done it a bit... Oops. I was a little too excited. I just love making videos! I make horse related videos and soon will do riding lesson videos as I am a riding instructor, this material is very specific so people that don't care about horses, don't care too much about the videos. :-/ But whatever its more about having fun making them for now. :)

Okari

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Unfortunately the problem there with how you start. For example. My friends that I've managed to accumulate over time have FB or don't. A lot of my gaming friends, who would enjoy my content or any kind of YT content for that matter, don't participate in social media for many MANY reasons. I myself have despised FB for a lot over time. So the friends that I do have revolve around family, friends I've had when I was a child, co-worker's I get along with, and friends I've met on some MMO's. Most of these people don't straight out like the type of content I do, or frankly like YouTube at all which makes the whole, "Share with friends" thing moot. I think that this is a point that should be footnoted and not centralized. If you can share with friends, and they share your stuff, it's wonderful! If not I think most people, like myself, are looking for advice on how to move past this first stage of "Share with friends/family." and move on to what really matters beyond that for growth purposes.

Reactions: Balthazar1603

Rehannah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey! You really know what you're doing and I appreciate the help!
One thing though this was really long to read
Anyways I hope I learn from this

Balthazar1603

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well a challenge for you all (and maybe an indirect way to listen to your opinion in the matter that follows):

What if (and I am talking about my videos) you are a) doing a video per week and you don't want to be seen doing videos by your folks, for they have so many cyber-phobias like who are you showing your videos to, what are you revealing, who is it going to watch it, with whom you are sharing it with.... etc. and you have to film your videos when they are absent (for those of you that are wondering why I am still leaving with my folks, take a look at Greece's economy ;) ) b) Your videos are in English and you're leaving in a non-English speaking country and though most of them have studied English when they were young you keep hearing 'why are your videos in English', to reach a broader audience dah!! and because c) your niche is a little emm... you know... I live in Christian dominated country and even though most of the population has turned secular, the Christian beliefs are deeply rooted in their minds and the fact that I am talking about occultism the audience here in my country is not that broad and open minded so the internet is my only option these days to express myself.

So where do I go from there? Maybe go leave in another country I suppose HAHAHAHA!! ;)

Hope my post wasn't too tiring...;)