Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

How to get not just subs, BUT FANS

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Marketing, Strategy & SEO' started by mrtoastbuster, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Coki Talk
    Cash:
    $2
    great post!

2. StraightUpIrish
    Super Poster
    Cash:
    $118
    Excellent advice friend really boosted the ol'confidence a bit :p thanking you

3. u_v
    u_v
    Cash:
    $19
    I personally think (having lead a digital agency) sub4sub or shoutouts can only get your visibility with no guarantee of viewers, fans is a whole different game altogether.

To get fans, not just subscribers, of course the first requirement is great content. I mean, really really good content. Just letting your personality out is something that works like magic in my experience, because it's all about being someone talking about something that people are actually interested in.

Another thing is responsiveness - you want to make sure you respond to every single comment (till the point where it's physically impossible for you to) that you get on your videos. Focusing on the depth of your connection with your viewers is of far more importance than reaching a lot of people. I'd rather have 200 people watching a video who would not miss any one of your latest uploads, than having 200k people that are subs because you got a shoutout from a bigger channel that gave you the few minutes of fame. It's hard to sustain and most of those people are probably not even interested enough to be subs, forget fans.

Lastly, you want to be active on all other networks - people don't spend all of their internet time watching videos (or at least, most people). When they're on the move on the train or at a boring university lecture and are browsing twitter, you want to be there. When they're stalking a chick on Instagram, you want to be there to take the eyeballs away from tits to your content ;)

Just my two cents

^uv​

4. Aro-En
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $24
    Dang! Those are boss tips, pity people aren't so supportive of me

5. SHFAcademy
    Cash:
    $4
    Thank you so much for all that information, it has given me a different perspective!
    Much respect!

6. Tantsandras
    Cash:
    $60
    These are some really good pointers! I'm a bit too embarrassed to show my friends though, I do some other stuff online as well that's anonymous and I made new friends like that =) Do you have any pointers that doesn't involve getting friends and family to subscribe? I would be so grateful for any pointers on how to get more views =)

I'm Tantsandras on youtube =D

7. VoidTranceYT
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $89
    Confidence is definitely key, on my videos i do try my best to directly speak to the viewer and in my voice i try to convey what is going on so that they will feel more connected with what i am saying, i am getting there but i have a long way to go...

Tantsandras likes this.
  8. Messages:
    Cash:
    $1
    Excellent advice ^^ yeah there are so many sub4sub goin on in my country youtube community x.x

9. VoidTranceYT
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $89
    I hate Sub4Sub, inactive audience isn't a good thing, would rather people who like me subscribe to me for the right reason

10. Lavinia Lahrese
    Cash:
    $12
    Such great tips! I'll definitely be using your idea of having private communications with subscribers! :D