How to get not just subs, BUT FANS

CynicalRainbows

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Ranter
I have shared it on facebook a couple of times, but its so "emberrasing" (im not sure what word to use, but i think thats the closest i can get) so share the videos on FB as i am Norwegian and i hardly talk to most of the people i have on facebook. I usually try to avoid talking english infront of my friends or the people i know (not good friends tho, then i dont care) because it sounds so corny. But if i did videos in norwegian it would be even worse, less people would understand and me personaly hate listening to norwegian videos because it sounds so cheesy.
Anybody got some tips on what to do? Should i be laughed at and just take it like a man? or should i just keep on posting and keep it to 1 sub every other month ? :)
Go for it man! You might be surprised at the kind of support you'd get. People tend to respect it when you're willing to put yourself out there

EmersonVLOG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
A good read. This is one way you can share to your in your inner circle.

mrchallenge365

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Other
Striking the balance between quantity and quality is key I think. Thanks for this!

Ellen Rae

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You made some really good points! I've tried to keep my channel as secret as possible from school people, for the exact reason you said: I don't want my rep to go down the drain. However, a few people from my town found it anyway. When I check my analytics, the people from my state are my most loyal subscribers and watch the most of my videos. Personal connections are important! This article has really helped, and I'm going to start applying some of the things it says more. Thanks for posting it! :)

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Wonderful advise! definitely need to read more thoroughly at a later time cause I need sleep XD but it's awesome advise :)

TheEdBoys

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is one of the best articles I have read in awhile. Great words of advice, thank you very much for sharing!

LemmaDiaries

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This is really valuable advice. One day we might work up the courage to get on Facebook and show people we know! But you are so right on the fans thing. With Youtube it's so easy to get caught up in the numbers as opposed to the people. Will keep this in mind in future. :)

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I just show my videos to my open minded friends privtaly, coz my relatives doesnt accept me doing YouTube stuffs. hahaha!!
I don't care much about promotion, I just want my videos to be entertaining, and audience will reach us :D