How to Get 10K YouTube Subscribers - 10 Tips For Growing a YouTube Channel -

Alan Spicer YT Tips

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Reporter, Ranter, Comedian
My problem is that I'm a gaming channel (I know how original on YouTube!) and my videos take hours to edit together, I am working on a recurring minecraft series, partly because it brings in the most views, but also the editing time is probably only 3-4 hours compared to a rainbow six compilation which takes around 8 hours (mainly because I'm not good enough at the game to get good gameplay) but I have now got a decent amount of footage, so editing it all together should be the 'easy' part!
8 hours to get good footage.... ok, make 2-3 additional "fail" videos as well? You dont have to be a good gamer to be a good youtuber :)

Reactions: UnboxingSve

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great tips, however my channel still to be stuck, with only 146 subscribers after 4 years, and no signs of speeding up. Any ideas?

Alan Spicer YT Tips

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Great tips, however my channel still to be stuck, with only 146 subscribers after 4 years, and no signs of speeding up. Any ideas?
A quick look at your channel I would suggest more regular content. try and move to 2 videos a week and stick to that. So for example Tuesday Saturday... and do that for months on end. That way people get used to seeing you on those days and know when they will see you again.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I
A quick look at your channel I would suggest more regular content. try and move to 2 videos a week and stick to that. So for example Tuesday Saturday... and do that for months on end. That way people get used to seeing you on those days and know when they will see you again.
I do do regular content with 6 videos a week. The past weeks I've simply been on vacation so I couldn't upload.

Alan Spicer YT Tips

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
I

I do do regular content with 6 videos a week. The past weeks I've simply been on vacation so I couldn't upload.
Maybe mix up your content and share it around a little more. Plus if you are going on holiday try to pre record to cover the time off as it can hurt your channel to break an upload schedule.

I've been uploading 3 videos a week for 4 years on my main channel and that now has 24K subs and 13Mill views but its only the last 8 months its exploded. Just keep uploading and keep trying and youll get there :)

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do try to mix it up, however nothing works. And I do share whenever I can on forums (where it barely gets noticed) and on Twitter (which get noticed even less. Last time someone clicked a video in one of my tweets was 4 months ago).

Alan Spicer YT Tips

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
try join gaming forums or facebook groups, maybe reddit

nastynas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian
I'm not sure how to figure out a good time to release my videos...what should I be looking into within Analytics?

Alan Spicer YT Tips

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
I'm not sure how to figure out a good time to release my videos...what should I be looking into within Analytics?
Look at your audience location and tailor it to them. I try to upload to make sure i hit middle of the day UK and morning US.