How replying to comments = SUCCESS

Squeal Cat

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Thanks for the advice. I actually rarely replied to the comments, but I should do it more and see what the effects are.

LadyDewinter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I reply to every comment I get on my videos, in any forum I belong too, on twitter, and google plus. I think people like that I speak to them. I ran into a sub recently in a game and I spoke to him and the guy with him was amazed that I stopped to speak to a sub, so he subbed to me too!

SomeGuyDude

Just some guy, dude.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
To me, comment interaction has always been just one of the biggest parts of LP'ing. View counts are great and all, but man I just love every single time someone cares enough to say something.

Cherry Tung

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I find this post really helpful! Also, another important tip that I try to stick with is to ask them another question. For example, if they liked my haul video, I will ask them what they like best within that brand or line of product. This way, I can get more interaction and know my subscribers better.

Florian Popp

good vibes!!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
thank you for sharing. Sometimes we need a little reminder. Thanks

TMBH

Nice Man
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I get really excited when engaging comments come in, and I'm eager to respond. That, more than anything else, makes me feel like I'm connecting with someone. So far my subscribers seem to really enjoy bantering about concepts in my Bible studies and they also like to give me crap about my screw ups. I feel like we're building a sense of community.

Reactions: Florian Popp

Squeal Cat

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Thanks for the advice. I actually rarely replied to the comments, but I should do it more and see what the effects are.
I started doing commenting almost a month ago. I can't prove that it really effected my view count or sub counts, but:

I feel there's a new connection between me and some of the 'regular' subs. They really love to start commenting on new vids I upload. There's in general an positive vibe each time a new vid has been uploaded. This should affect the viewers count and sub rate in a positive way. And they are more likely to show their appreciation towards you.

Especially for starting Youtubers: Commenting is a must do.