How many subscribers to be a partner on YouTube?

TheWastedTruth

Yeousch Partner
Reaction score
Some networks want you to have X amount os subs along with X amount fo views but for the most part if you average 600-1k views a day you can join most networks. The big thing people overlook is you have to average X amount of views a day, that doesn't mean you have to get that many views everyday.

SouthernIrish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I managed to get partnered with the new system with only 15 subs and around 2.5k views.

Given that, I don't think that YT has a minimum requirement for partnership of this level.

DeantheDinosauce

Cartoonist/Animator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I always thought you had to have at least 1,000 subscribers to even get your application read. For other networks I have no idea though.

SouthernIrish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I always thought you had to have at least 1,000 subscribers to even get your application read. For other networks I have no idea though.
I believe that April of this year, YT opened up partnerships for everyone. Essentially, YT redefined a "Partner" as someone who can monetize videos. However, the "Full Partnership" features such as banners are still limited to the popular channels.

If anyone can shed more light on this, I'd really love to hear it.

TheWastedTruth

Yeousch Partner
Reaction score
I believe that April of this year, YT opened up partnerships for everyone. Essentially, YT redefined a "Partner" as someone who can monetize videos. However, the "Full Partnership" features such as banners are still limited to the popular channels.

If anyone can shed more light on this, I'd really love to hear it.
The YT "partnership" isn't really a partnership the way you think of it. The YT partnership program just means your able to monetize your videos, which anyone with an active account can do. Now YT is starting to allow those "partners" to use thumbnails and I believe scheduled uploads but to gain full partnership with the banner and etc you have to meet more requirements. I'm not sure if YT itself still gives channels full partnership, I believe you will need to join a network for full partnership. Also the YT partnership with monetization gives you a lower payout percentage. So for instance if your with a network and they pay you 60% where as a normal Youtuber with monetization enabled would get 55%.

HealthyDury

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was offered the option to monetise my videos when I had less than 50 subscribers and maybe 2,500 views. It's definitely changed now because before being made a YouTube partner was a big deal.

I don't have Full partnership yet as I can't customise thumbnails, for example.

Once I get to 500 + subscribers, I'll definitely explore available options. I had no knowledge of network partnerships until I joined this forum 2 days ago!

TheWastedTruth

Yeousch Partner
Reaction score
I was offered the option to monetise my videos when I had less than 50 subscribers and maybe 2,500 views. It's definitely changed now because before being made a YouTube partner was a big deal.

I don't have Full partnership yet as I can't customise thumbnails, for example.

Once I get to 500 + subscribers, I'll definitely explore available options. I had no knowledge of network partnerships until I joined this forum 2 days ago!
You don't need 500 subscribers. A lot of networks go by views and most have lowered their requirements a lot. Socialblade/RPM only requires an average of 84 views a day, they have great support but lack in the promotion/networking department.

Reactions: HealthyDury

deanince

I like music n'ting.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
RPM/Socialblade require just 84 views per day on average, and they give you a 60% cut (I know because I've just signed an agreement with them). I'm in it for the banner and thumbnails, and I also believe partners appear higher in search results. It depends on what you want from the partnership, as you could wait for your channel to grow and get a more lucrative deal with Yeousch or Machinima, or you could use RPM as a stepping stone before moving on to a bigger network, if you wish to do so.

In my opinion, subscribers are irrelevant. It should be about the view count alone, as some people have a really poor subscriber to view ratio. I only have 21 subscribers at the moment, but I'm getting a fairly decent amount of views when you consider the number of subscribers I have. I'd like YouTube to hide the subscriber count, but that's another topic for another day. I know some of the bigger YouTubers also feel this way.

TheWastedTruth

Yeousch Partner
Reaction score
RPM/Socialblade require just 84 views per day on average, and they give you a 60% cut (I know because I've just signed an agreement with them). I'm in it for the banner and thumbnails, and I also believe partners appear higher in search results. It depends on what you want from the partnership, as you could wait for your channel to grow and get a more lucrative deal with Yeousch or Machinima, or you could use RPM as a stepping stone before moving on to a bigger network, if you wish to do so.

In my opinion, subscribers are irrelevant. It should be about the view count alone, as some people have a really poor subscriber to view ratio. I only have 21 subscribers at the moment, but I'm getting a fairly decent amount of views when you consider the number of subscribers I have. I'd like YouTube to hide the subscriber count, but that's another topic for another day. I know some of the bigger YouTubers also feel this way.
I just left RPM/Social Blade, well I should be released anytime now. They are great if your just wanting the partner benefits and good support but as far as promotion and networking they are lacking. They just don't have anything in place like forums, hub channels, etc.

deanince

I like music n'ting.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just left RPM/Social Blade, well I should be released anytime now. They are great if your just wanting the partner benefits and good support but as far as promotion and networking they are lacking. They just don't have anything in place like forums, hub channels, etc.
I'm not bothered about that at the moment, although I can see it being an issue if I ever got "big" on YouTube. I just want the additional benefits, so it's a perfect fit for now.