How many Subscribers defines a BIG Youtuber?

JV Trammell

A Filmmaker/Vlogger attempting to make you laugh.
Everyone has different labels for different 'sizes' of channels, but I wanted to know what everyone would consider a 'big Youtuber? I think for most of us, a bigger Youtuber could be as much as 1000 subscribers or more, but when do you actually start to refer to a Youtuber as big? Let me know!

I think anybody that has over 10k is crazy awesome but I think I actually start using the adjective, 'big' when it's a Youtuber that has a Million subscribers or more.

3 million or more. As the people watching the internet gets bigger, the subscribers of channels gets bigger, and it takes more to say your big because of how many other people have the subs you have.

I would have to say anyone over 10k to be completely honest if you want to consider them "big" it all depends on the type of content they create, because they can also be "big" in their category

I'd go with the 100k too, it's a decent number for the dividing line.

If the person makes monetized content, I'd call the channel big as soon as the income revenue matches the average level of income in that person's country though. I think that serves a better estimate, though of course it's also invisible to everybody but the channel's operators.

I would say 100,000 defines you as having a significant presence on YouTube in your niche area, but 1,000,000+ is when you're one of the big boys/girls in general terms.

On SocialBlade, the 500th largest YouTube channel by subscribers has 2,527,000 subscribers. So even with 1m, you're nowhere near the top 500.

Back