How many Subscribers defines a BIG Youtuber?

RATTLED

I'm the one who knocks.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you've got enough subscribers and views to make a living out of it without needing a separate job, then you're a big youtuber.

ThioJoe

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It's definitely relative; my perception has shifted significantly over the years. Obviously there is a lot more to it than subscribers, though. At the moment, to me anything below 100k is just starting out. I feel like above 100k people will start to take you seriously but you can't have a big head because really it's not even that big anymore. Someone above 500K is hard to ignore and people will take you pretty seriously. Then again, I thought the same about 100K when I passed that milestone so it's probably totally relative. I feel like at the moment, 1 Million is the "big one", where no one can really ignore you any more, and it's seen by many as having achieved the highest level and anything past that is gravy. Above 10 Million is just like A-list celebrities in Hollywood, where there are a few of them but you don't need to be there to still be very successful. I'll be interested to see how my perceptions change after 1 Million.

McCoob

Young Scientist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Everything above 100k is pretty big.

rmenga4

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me, it depends on how many subscribers and how many views you have.

Kendra

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's definitely relative; my perception has shifted significantly over the years. Obviously there is a lot more to it than subscribers, though. At the moment, to me anything below 100k is just starting out. I feel like above 100k people will start to take you seriously but you can't have a big head because really it's not even that big anymore. Someone above 500K is hard to ignore and people will take you pretty seriously. Then again, I thought the same about 100K when I passed that milestone so it's probably totally relative. I feel like at the moment, 1 Million is the "big one", where no one can really ignore you any more, and it's seen by many as having achieved the highest level and anything past that is gravy. Above 10 Million is just like A-list celebrities in Hollywood, where there are a few of them but you don't need to be there to still be very successful. I'll be interested to see how my perceptions change after 1 Million.
I agree, relativity is a huge part of it! As others have said, there are a lot of channels with over a million subscribers, but to me, that's still pretty darn impressive! 100,000 subscribers to me sounds like a lot, but with someone with a million subscribers, I'm sure that seems like nothing. I think 100,000 subscribers, though, is when people consider your channel bigger, and take you a bit more seriously!

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'd kind of tier it like so:

Beginner / Micro - Under 1k
Small but successful - Over 1k and under 10k
Medium - Over 10k and under 100k
Large - Over 100k
"Famous" - Over 1m

JWL TV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If i had to say i would say a big youtuber is 500k upwards. However it's all changing and it's so saturated so prob 1million upwards now