How long does it take you to shoot+edit 1 video?

Shooting footage takes 2-4 hours usually. One day took me about 8 hours for the whole trip. I made it into 2 videos.

Editing takes about 3-4 hours. I dont always do it in one sitting and recently I've been trying to do more so its taking a little longer.

All together its about 5 -10 hours, a tank of gas and an understanding girlfriend who will stay quiet the whole time I film in the car.

It depends on the type of video :))
If it's songs/cover video :) then I need to make a very nice audio track which takes forever and then a video.. and then sync both and other stuff..so in general in can take up to 2-3 days :)
if it's vlog and if I am being fast I can shoot my vlog video in 30-60min and then edit it in another 2-3 hours ( because my videos require tons of editing) hehe :)
but it's nice and I think I am getting better and better every time :))

Usually something between 5-15 hours per video. My videos are only ~5 minutes long, many even shorter but I really want them to be good.

The longest I ever spent record was 8 hours, that was back when I used to use programs like fraps so the file sizes would be absolutely massive (I think the file size was actually 200gb) and I spent 3 days editing it. Never uploaded it just because at the end of the day the file itself had so many issues, so many errors left, right and centre, and I was just starting out on Youtube and I doubt anyone would want to watch a hour long video from a guy just starting out. But my average is about 2 hours now. Editing about double that.

Back