How long does it take you to shoot+edit 1 video?

Azren the Language Nerd

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know that when I first started posting videos, it used to take me 30-60 minutes to shoot a 4-6 minute video, and then another 1.5-2 hours to edit. Now I feel more comfortable in front of a camera & using Final Cut Pro, so I can shoot a 4 minute video in about 15 minutes, and cut the editing down to about 1 hour (unless there is lots of editing that needs to be done, such as jump-cuts, adding lots of text, adjusting exposure, etc). If there is lots of editing, then it will still take me 1.5-2 hours.

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
My videos tend to be effects heavy or I film a lot of content so usually a day to shoot and edit, or sometimes longer if I get too tired :D

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Even though I just do gaming videos, I'll usually record myself playing for an hour so I have a lot of bits to choose from and then I take a few hours to edit since I usually ask what other people think of a video before I post it! I haven't done a lot of editing until recently so it's kind of nice to ask someones opinion before I upload my videos!

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It depends on what series im going with. Im a gaming channel who does NHL videos so some can take 35 minutes to shoot. 10 minutes to edit and then its done because its a lets play style career mode with minimal editing. But i have one series on my channel called "drunk chel" where i record with my buddies for 5 hours on a friday night. get really drunk, then edit that 5 hours of video down to 4-7 minutes of highlights/funny bits. the editing sometimes takes between 3-4 hours! Its a draining series to make, but its all worth it!

KellieBean

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It really depends on what I'm filming, one video had taken a few days, and another had taken a few hours, so it really depends, although, I'm more of a lifestyle/beauty youtube, so it is a little easier for me to upload a video that i film in the same day of filming it.

Santoons

Reaction score
I take hours to animate a video. It took me 9 hours to animate my first video.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
20-30 minutes to set up and shoot. 5 minutes to edit. uploading, updating thumbnail and SEO takes 10 minutes. so 40 minutes total for a normal episode

FearTheReaper

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know that when I first started posting videos, it used to take me 30-60 minutes to shoot a 4-6 minute video, and then another 1.5-2 hours to edit. Now I feel more comfortable in front of a camera & using Final Cut Pro, so I can shoot a 4 minute video in about 15 minutes, and cut the editing down to about 1 hour (unless there is lots of editing that needs to be done, such as jump-cuts, adding lots of text, adjusting exposure, etc). If there is lots of editing, then it will still take me 1.5-2 hours.
For the most part, my videos don't have heavy editing so I can usually edit them and have them ready to be rendered in about 20-30 minutes. However, there are times when I do go above and beyond and those videos do take a couple hours. The majority of the time though I don't edit all that much aside from adding text and music. Recording on the other hand can take from 1-2 hours. Not that big of a deal to be honest since I'll have enough footage to last me 3 weeks after a full session.