How IMPORTANT is Consistency?

As a viewer, consistency doesn't matter that much to me personally. I rarely watch every video on the channels I subscribe to anyway. For me, quality is more important than quantity. But as far as how much it matters to the general Youtube public, I don't know, and the more experienced youtubers probably know better than me. I know I've seen successful youtubers who don't update consistently at all. Channel type likely plays a big role in how important consistency is.

Personally, I tried to update consistently at first, but I ended up not being able to do it and I gave up on it. I work full time and have other things in my free time that take higher priority for me, and so I don't consistently have time to make videos of the quality I want to put out. I'd like to put out videos on a consistent weekly schedule at some point, but I don't think it's feasible for me currently.

As a viewer, consistency doesn't matter that much to me personally. I rarely watch every video on the channels I subscribe to anyway. For me, quality is more important than quantity. But as far as how much it matters to the general Youtube public, I don't know, and the more experienced youtubers probably know better than me. I know I've seen successful youtubers who don't update consistently at all. Channel type likely plays a big role in how important consistency is.

Personally, I tried to update consistently at first, but I ended up not being able to do it and I gave up on it. I work full time and have other things in my free time that take higher priority for me, and so I don't consistently have time to make videos of the quality I want to put out. I'd like to put out videos on a consistent weekly schedule at some point, but I don't think it's feasible for me currently.
Yes I also feel that quality is important but if you built a schedule you would learn to edit and make good quality content because you're prepared for when that video is supposed to be released[DOUBLEPOST=1485221877,1485147988][/DOUBLEPOST]
Keep grinding though mate! You will get success one day :)
Thank You[DOUBLEPOST=1485222001][/DOUBLEPOST]
The MOST important thing to me, if you're taking YouTube seriously. Otherwise I'd stop checking for your channel because there's likely somewhere else I can find that same content.
That's also how I feel when It comes to youtubers

Hello everyone I am Frostt a small YouTuber of about 50 subs. I was wondering how important is consistency? I upload on a schedule three days a week Monday Wednesday and Friday and I feel that's pretty consistent but I feel sometimes that I need to upload more or when I'm havin a rough time getting video Ideas I worry missing a day could Hurt me.

I would just really like to know if staying consistent will help me or not? I am trying really hard to stay on top but I really worry about the days I miss.

Consistency is extremely important. There will be times where you feel like you should create more, which is great. Create that content and bank roll on it. Create content for later times when you do have writers block or just aren't available to create it. Use that to your advantage.

The most important thing is to keep a schedule that is easy to attain so you are always consistant. Don't overload yourself if you don't believe you'll make it. Lower the amount of videos a week then. Start with 1 and see if you can do 2, or 3. If you can, great. If not, 1 a week is still cool.

Consistency is extremely important. There will be times where you feel like you should create more, which is great. Create that content and bank roll on it. Create content for later times when you do have writers block or just aren't available to create it. Use that to your advantage.

The most important thing is to keep a schedule that is easy to attain so you are always consistant. Don't overload yourself if you don't believe you'll make it. Lower the amount of videos a week then. Start with 1 and see if you can do 2, or 3. If you can, great. If not, 1 a week is still cool.
Thank you this is one of the most detailed reply i've seen so far

I feel like consistency is really important, especially if you have a subscriber base that is increasing. Also YT favours creators that post on the reg. It also adds trust on your part as you are delivering content when promised.

In my genre it doesnt seem to make a difference.
I can upload one month then nothing the next. Then everyother day for a month solid.
YT seems to choose at random when to let me have th views. My long term graph is like a rollacoaster. It doesnt coincide with my consistancy.
The more videos in general I have uploaded means I have a bigger chance that YT will let 1 or more fly. Recently 3 of my vids boomed to huge numbers all in unison but killed them all at the same time also.. I will just keep uploading and look forward to the next spike.

I think the way u r doing now ( 3 times a week) is pretty much good and you don't need to change it unless u can afford the same quality with higher number of videos.

I think the way u r doing now ( 3 times a week) is pretty much good and you don't need to change it unless u can afford the same quality with higher number of videos.
Thats how I feel as well I feel likeI have a good number I just worry when I miss a day I have scheduled

Back