how hard is it to blow up?

Assuming you have okay quality content. Reddit is about 80% timing and understanding how it works. So depending on your type of content, you can easily blow up on Reddit if you know what you're doing.

Id say it is nearly impossible unless you are extremely driven and post a few youtube videos every day. Assuming you are in scgcool and you are not living off youtube posting a few a day is very hard, so blowing up is very very very difficult.

How hard is to blow up?
Super easy! first go and get a gas tank and a lighter, once you have those things come back and I'll show you how :)

people keep saying you should drive traffic on reddit and other sites but honestly....blowing up these days is it luck or is it still possible?

It is luck, nothing else. It is being in the right time at the right place with the right content. A big YouTuber picks up on you, a massive sharing site does the same. It snowballs. If that does not happen you will forever be delegated to a low sub and view count. Your content can be the best, but if it does not get out there organically you are spinning your wheels going nowhere (You posting it is self promotion, and while I am somewhat accepted on reddit because I don't JUST self promote people still won't click your video and get you thousands of views).

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." Or at least that's what they say. If you're making good, quality content and you keep your eyes out for opportunity, you can get lucky. Optimize your content for the YouTube algorithm and try and promote your videos well.

Overnight success is very rare, it usually takes years of slow build. But it does have to keep building, things can decline if you get too complacent or if your audience moves on to other channels.

I'm starting to see the people with the brightest ideas are blowing up. Not copying and old video and making your version. Innovation is a big part as well. Or inventing something great on YouTube that will catch eyes, yet that isn't easy.

I personally think it takes time and effort. It's really unlikely to blow up overnight. A lot of the times people are so wrapped up in their favorite YouTubers and don't care to watch some small account. Which sucks a lot but it's the truth.

I think there is space to autonomy in blowing up, you just can't do anything to absolutely guarantee it. I know I'm sitting here as a YTer with 76 subs saying this so I'm hardly anyone to offer advice here, especially since my progress has been at an absolute crawl, but I think that the important elements are:

- Content polished enough for your target audience ('polish' can mean a lot of different things here, but at the end of the day, the content has to be 'right', if that makes sense?)
- Getting it seen by as many people as possible (this can be a tricky bit since so many people are clamouring for attention, but I think it can be done. This could be unpacked such a long way and probably far more eloquently by someone more experienced than me)
- Sooner or later the number of random people who see your content will include somebody who has the influence to rapidly snowball your content.

So ultimately, it's about making the best content you can and then playing the numbers game.

does any one know any facebook pages where you can submit your youtube video and if it good enough they will repost it ?

Back