how hard is it to blow up?

swizz

people keep saying you should drive traffic on reddit and other sites but honestly....blowing up these days is it luck or is it still possible?

Everyone I know or have spoken to who has a large YouTube audience has had a shoutout from other bigger YouTubers. It's just how it is. Some people see that as luck.. but personally, if you put the time and effort into your content, it's going to get noticed and a shoutout is most likely more than deserved.

It all comes down to understanding what the algorithm wants. This is where I struggle. Youtube wants me to make long a** videos of 10 minutes or more, but the content I make doesn't necessarily need to be that long. Also youtube wants long session times and keeping people on youtube. Derrel eves is excellent at explaining all of this better. But to blow up all it takes is one video to trigger the algorithm and boom you're off. The trick is though, is keeping that momentum going on the next video. Youtube apparently cares what happens with a video in the first 60 minutes and 48 hours. In short I guess you need a long a** video, with a catchy title, a thumbnail that screams 'watch me' and people need to watch all of the video. And don't send people off youtube, as you actually get penalised for doing that apparently lol

I don't know... I have yet to try and blow myself up. I don't think I can youtube after that...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:D

I think it's probably more difficult than it was years ago, because the platform is so mature now, and there are so many creators online. The more competition you have, the more difficult it's going to be to stand out.

its not a factor you have much control over. It's 100% up to the public. They need to watch and enjoy enough to share it. If its really sharable then its very possible. Best you can do is make your best stuff, be genuine and honest, and learn you tubes systems and SEO as best you can.

Everyone is going to tell you tags and thumbnails and crap.

Thruth is, youtube it about 80% luck 20% effort, which sucks, and I hate it too, but you have about a 1% chance on blowing up these days

Back