How do some Youtubers get so many views/subscribers in a short amount of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Definitely depends. I've been working on youtube vids for over 8 years, and had VERY SLOW growth all the time. Its probably how slow I upload, But with the content I make I cannot help that.
I get around 500 subs a month or something, so even though I have more subs than the guys you mentioned in your original post, they are gaining at well over double the rate I do.

Splinter

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you. This is a known fact.

In searches, and admittedly this is Google but the same principle applies, 95% of the clicks go to the first page. You can claim that YOU dig deeper, but even if that's true that doesn't negate the fact that very, very few people venture beyond the first page when searching for things.

If you don't know anyone who does that, either you've never asked or you don't know anyone.

It doesn´t matter. If they don´t like what they see, they ain´t subscribing. They can return to the search page and click in other results. That´s what i do, and that´s what a lot of people does.

And let´s not even get into the fact that there are plenty of guys that aren´t even in the first positions of the search results and still have a big number of followers.

SomeGuyDude

Just some guy, dude.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It doesn´t matter. If they don´t like what they see, they ain´t subscribing. They can return to the search page and click in other results. That´s what i do, and that´s what a lot of people does.

And let´s not even get into the fact that there are plenty of guys that aren´t even in the first positions of the search results and still have a big number of followers.
Okay you're just throwing out random stuff to be argumentative now. It does matter. This is the data. This is what people do. If you dislike the statistics, then your problem is with reality, not with me.

I'm done here, you're going to keep arguing just for argument's sake and it's really not productive.

Splinter

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
No. It doesn´t matter. As i said, people still have to like you. That´s why Content is King. Nobody is saying that Marketing isn´t important. I´m simply saying that if you´re producing s**t, people aren´t gonna subscribe. It´s not as simple as simply coming in first.

Jackie Pearce

YouTuber, writer, nerd, sushi lover
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Haha, anyone here remember the old days of the misleading thumbnails? When all that mattered was clicks, so people just made random stupid videos and put a picture of a hot girl as the thumbnail?
I'm not quite sure if this horrible tactic is over yet... haha!

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
It's a series of factors. They may already have a following, be really good at SEO, lucky, know how to title a video, and/or be sharing it in all the right places.

Splinter

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
You know, i´m watching Jack Pearce´s videos just because she is freaking hot. That´s a factor too. I´m not really listening to what she´s saying, i´m just looking at her.

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
You know, i´m watching Jack Pearce´s videos just because she is freaking hot. That´s a factor too. I´m not really hearing what she´s saying, i´m just looking at her.
It's sad if you have to be attractive/show off your 'assets' to be successful on youtube. What does that say about society?

Splinter

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
It's sad if you have to be attractive/show off your 'assets' to be successful on youtube. What does that say about society?
You don´t, actually. You can be ugly and successful. The difference is that, if you´re good looking, you can still get someone to watch you, even you suck.

But that girl...damn...

SigmaPLUS

Hello Mineturtle.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Usually, it's because one of their video goes viral, or they just really have a lot of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.