How do some Youtubers get so many views/subscribers in a short amount of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyVlogsTV

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have seen some (small)Youtubers had about 1K/5K subscribers and after only 1/3 months later they have over 10K, 20K,subscribers on Youtube especially when they are starting out on Youtube.

Like Liam Spencer last April(2014) he started making Youtube videos and now he has already over 7.1K subscribers and JackTheBridge started his Youtube channel in September last year and now already have over 12K subscribers!

I am wondering how some (small)Youtubers get soo many views/ subscribers in a short amount of time?

I use Twitter(My only traffic source for Youtube) to get views and subscribers on my Youtube channel, following lots of people and DM people telling them to check out my Youtube channel or new video, i get about 95 subscribers per month on Youtube and Small Youtubers like Liam Spencer, JackTheBridge must get about 1/5K subscribers on Youtube per month.

I don't have Instragam or Tumblr anything like that, I just have Twitter for my Youtube channel but I really want to be like them, my videos are getting very close to the quality of there videos!

BUT THE BIG QUESTION HOW DO THEY GET SOOO MANY VIEWS/SUBSCRIBERS ON YOUTUBE IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME??

Last edited:
Reactions: KiddieToysReview

Stachu

Not sexy and don't know it!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
"Content is the king" is not true anymore. Marketing is more important these days than content.

My channel is about 5 months old. With 62 subs and 9 videos I have more then 13 000 views on my whole channel.

This is very good result, but I'm not some lucky dude who get's his views by "accident". I work on in. I work on it a looot.

I spend much more time on marketing aspects of my channel then on creating content. So if the only thing you do is using Twitter then it's definitely not enough my friend.

DutchPrawn

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I have no idea, maybe a youtuber friend gave them a shoutout when they started out? After 9 months I am only at 88 subs. So I honestly do not see how they get their channel growing so fast.

TennentSpace

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Magic...has to be, no other explanation for it! I've been doing YouTube for ages and haven't even broken the 50 sub mark yet and that's posting every week!

I would have though it has a lot to do about their social status off YouTube too, if you've got a big group of friends and are at uni then i guess your channel can spread quite quickly.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

BitsOfBen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It's down to who is watching your videos. If your a good looking late teen to early twenty something then you can get a fan base quickly as teenie boppers will just love you. Other than that, it's down to networking and making decent content. I've been making content for over four years and nothing can beat networking! Regularly checking out other small youtubers videos can help as there is a chance they will do the same in return. However this is on the condition you are being a human and not saying things like "hey, check out my channel!" Watch the video and make comments relevant to what you've just seen. That shows the creator you've actually connected with their video. If you regularly do this with our fellow tiny tubers they could return the favour and check you out. Not all people do this but some will.

Making ties with other youtubers can be vital too. Finding content creators who are on a similar level of subs and views who you regularly interact with can make a big difference and collaboration is king to getting views and subs. The other youtuber you collab with, their audience could well come across to your channel and check out your stuff and sub.

Hope this helps.

Igo

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know i'm stuck on 9 subs :) but doesn't matter honestly not really targeting to get a lot of subs :) just do it for fun, some more subs would be nice but not mandatory :)

Reactions: videoeditgr

Squeal Cat

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I have seen some (small)Youtubers had about 1K/5K subscribers and after only 1/3 months later they have over 10K, 20K,subscribers on Youtube especially when they are starting out on Youtube.

Like Liam Spencer last April(2014) he started making Youtube videos and now he has already over 7.1K subscribers and JackTheBridge started his Youtube channel in September last year and now already have over 12K subscribers!

I am wondering how some (small)Youtubers get soo many views/ subscribers in a short amount of time?

I use Twitter(My only traffic source for Youtube) to get views and subscribers on my Youtube channel, following lots of people and DM people telling them to check out my Youtube channel or new video, i get about 95 subscribers per month on Youtube and Small Youtubers like Liam Spencer, JackTheBridge must get about 1/5K subscribers on Youtube per month.

I don't have Instragam or Tumblr anything like that, I just have Twitter for my Youtube channel but I really want to be like them, my videos are getting very close to the quality of there videos!

BUT THE BIG QUESTION HOW DO THEY GET SOOO MANY VIEWS/SUBSCRIBERS ON YOUTUBE IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME??
Those small Youtubers have 20k subs while they get on average 200 views for each new upload. Those are mostly gained by sub4sub method; which is just almost completely useless... Read this: Why Should you NEVER do "sub for sub" . The two examples you gave; they might got the sub train going by very popular vids or/and they are good at convincing viewes to sub in their videos.

Conclusion is that subs does not necessary have value if you have subs who doesn't view your content. I rather have 100 extra views for one vid than 800k subs from North Korea.

And some people are naturally more suited for being a creator/Youtube marketeer then others. Like soccer, most people are just completely untalented and just play soccer for leisure while some teenagers are earning in one month more than you in your entire lifetime.

Last edited:

pplzdude

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Luck, it honestly comes down to luck in a lot of cases finding success on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.