How do some Youtubers get so many views/subscribers in a short amount of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think because they are just member of an MCN which they help them to get susbribers by cross promotion. I'm not saying is good to be a member of an MCN mainly our channels are not.

Jack the bridge is memebr of FullScreen MCN.

It's my theory :)

Great advice but could you elaborate on your marketing techniques? Something I need to work on and fine out where else other Twitter and Facebook I can network/market x
It all comes to the idea that when you are interested in something and make video about it, then on this planet MUST be someone who will enjoy watching it. All you have to do is... to find them :)

I was looking for some magic tricks but I can't find any. So all you can do and have to do is to find those people on social media sites like: Reddit, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.

And I know what you think: "This is nothing new!". We all know what to do, but we don't make it ENOUGH. If you don't spend a few hours a day on your marketing then you are definitely doing it wrong.

So don't ask me what to do, because you probably know already, and you are doing it already. Just do it more! Are you posting comments on other videos? Great! How many? Post 100 comments a day! Same with Facebook, Twitter, Reddit etc.

I disagree that content is not king. Good marketing is useless if the content is not good.
I'm not saying that content is not important, but it's definitely not a king anymore. If you don't agree then just think about "Rebecca Black - Friday". Is this content good? I don't think so. Is it popular? Hell yes!!! Need more? Just browse YouTube and see if every popular content is good in your opinion.

Most people don´t get views because they´re not making anything interesting.
Sorry but it's just not true. Just dig into YouTube very deeply and you will find out for your self.

For example a few days ago I've found a video where a guy is watching "Anaconda" Video Clip and recording his own reactions. Was it interesting? HELL NO!!! but... It wasn't interesting to ME at all however it was interesting for hundreds of thousands people who watched this video.

If someone is making a piece of content then for sure there will be someone on Earth who would love to watch it. There are 7 000 000 000 of us on this planet. What ever you like, there is more people who will like it too.

And now marketing kicks in... :)

Good content is not enough to success. You can make a good content but with no marketing you get no views. You can make a s****y content and with pro marketing get a ton of views. That's why I say content is not the king. It's VERY important, but this days marketing is a key to success.

Hope you understand my point a little bit better :)

It all comes to the idea that when you are interested in something and make video about it, then on this planet MUST be someone who will enjoy watching it. All you have to do is... to find them :)

I was looking for some magic tricks but I can't find any. So all you can do and have to do is to find those people on social media sites like: Reddit, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.

And I know what you think: "This is nothing new!". We all know what to do, but we don't make it ENOUGH. If you don't spend a few hours a day on your marketing then you are definitely doing it wrong.

So don't ask me what to do, because you probably know already, and you are doing it already. Just do it more! Are you posting comments on other videos? Great! How many? Post 100 comments a day! Same with Facebook, Twitter, Reddit etc.

I'm not saying that content is not important, but it's definitely not a king anymore. If you don't agree then just think about "Rebecca Black - Friday". Is this content good? I don't think so. Is it popular? Hell yes!!! Need more? Just browse YouTube and see if every popular content is good in your opinion.

Sorry but it's just not true. Just dig into YouTube very deeply and you will find out for your self.

For example a few days ago I've found a video where a guy is watching "Anaconda" Video Clip and recording his own reactions. Was it interesting? HELL NO!!! but... It wasn't interesting to ME at all however it was interesting for hundreds of thousands people who watched this video.

If someone is making a piece of content then for sure there will be someone on Earth who would love to watch it. There are 7 000 000 000 of us on this planet. What ever you like, there is more people who will like it too.

Good content is not enough to success. You can make a good content but with no marketing you get no views. You can make a s****y content and with pro marketing get a ton of views. That's why I say content is not the king. It's VERY important, but this days marketing is a key to success.

Thank you for your honest comments. Yes I am doing those things but clearly not enough I probably post on about 5 videos a day. I do share on Google + but if I am honest I don't get it so need to improve in that area. I will get on it. Also reddit signed up didn't understand it at all wouldn't take my video link.

Thanks again will let you know how I get on x

People won´t watch your video unless they´re interested in what they´re seeing. It doesn´t matter if it´s just the fact that you look good. You have to show people something that they enjoy looking at, otherwise, all the marketing in the world won´t help you. And if you don´t believe me, go spend a good deal of time and/or money marketing the videos you´ve made until now and i guarantee you that you will still not be popular on YT.

The main problem of people who don´t have success is the lack of interesting content in the first place, not the lack of good marketing. I know plenty of people who don´t promote their videos at all, and they still have a lot of views? Why? Because those who watch show them to their friends.

Content is king, because what´s inside your video is what´s really gonna hold people´s attention. You have to have something in your video that people wanna watch. It doesn´t matter if you think it´s good or bad. If people watch it and subscribe, it´s because they like it. That´s all that matters.

To me, there´s no mystery about why some people in this forum aren´t getting views or subscribers. It´s all very clear to me. I could even make a huge list of problems i see with most people´s videos, but i bet i would get banned. Ahaha.

I'm not saying that content is not important, but it's definitely not a king anymore. If you don't agree then just think about "Rebecca Black - Friday". Is this content good? I don't think so. Is it popular? Hell yes!!! Need m

ore? Just browse YouTube and see if every popular content is good in your opinion.

Rebecca Black Friday was a viral video. 99.9% of YouTubers will never get close to having a viral video. I can think of only 1 example from YTtalk in the year and a half I've been here and it was an excellent video.

Need more?

For every example, there are hundreds of thousands of other examples that prove the opposite. But they get buried because by definition they aren't promoted by YouTube so most casual viewers don't see them.

Channels with good content hardly do any marketing. They don't need to. The algorithm does it for them automatically.

Have you ever seen the analytics of traffic sources of a large successful channel? On a big channel with lots of daily views, most of them aren't coming from social media, email. They're not coming from the sub feed either. No they're coming from the suggested videos list on the right hand side of the screen. How / why do they get there? The algorithm puts videos there which have a higher than average audience retention. And the overriding factor in getting a high audience retention is to make good content.

Posting links to vids all over the interweb in the name of "marketing" is not a sustainable strategy. It will give a short-term boost in views but they'll have a terrible audience retention which will kill off your chances of ever getting in the suggested videos list. It's a manual time-consuming process. All it will do is boost the views on your latest videos, but all the older ones won't get any traffic. Then once you get fed up of posting links all over the place, those views will stop.

People won´t watch your video unless they´re interested in what they´re seeing. It doesn´t matter if it´s just the fact that you look good. You have to show people something that they enjoy looking at, otherwise, all the marketing in the world won´t help you. And if you don´t believe me, go spend a good deal of time and/or money marketing the videos you´ve made until now and i guarantee you that you will still not be popular on YT.

The main problem of people who don´t have success is the lack of interesting content in the first place, not the lack of good marketing. I know plenty of people who don´t promote their videos at all, and they still have a lot of views? Why? Because those who watch show them to their friends.

Content is king, because what´s inside your video is what´s really gonna hold people´s attention. You have to have something in your video that people wanna watch. It doesn´t matter if you think it´s good or bad. If people watch it and subscribe, it´s because they like it. That´s all that matters.

To me, there´s no mystery about why some people in this forum aren´t getting views or subscribers. It´s all very clear to me. I could even make a huge list of problems i see with most people´s videos, but i bet i would get banned. Ahaha.

Disagree... Below example of kingunworthy content and got enough viewers without 1 cent marketing

People won´t watch your video unless they´re interested in what they´re seeing.
If people are not watching your videos then you are targeting to wrong audience.

Marketing is a way to find people who will enjoy watching your own videos.

As I said before: content is VERY important but marketing is a king these days.

But please, don't trust me. Find any marketer who you can consider an authority and marketing and ask him about it.

Last edited:
If people are not watching your videos then you are targeting to wrong audience.

But please, don't trust me. find any marketer what you can consider an authority and marketing and ask him about it.
My theory: The best marketeers can sell dog poo and even make money out of it.

But please, don't trust me. Find any marketer who you can consider an authority and marketing and ask him about it.

You´re just assuming that there is an audience of every video, wich there isn´t. Some videos will never appeal to large audiences. You can get 50 subscribers, but you will probably never get 100 000 subscribers. Every video can be viewed, but only some of them will ever become popular, no matter how much you promote them.

Btw, if you feel so strongly about the power of marketing, after 5 months and so much work you should already have way more than 60 subscribers. That´s not a high number at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1423176750,1423176383][/DOUBLEPOST]
Disagree... Below example of kingunworthy content and got enough viewers without 1 cent marketing

[

That girl is more interesting than 99% of youtubers i´ve seen in this forum. She is part ridiculous, part cute, part dumb, part dork It makes her interesting to watch. Not so much for me, but i can definitely see why so many watch her videos and enjoy to hate on her.

Btw, if you feel so strongly about the power of marketing, after 5 months and so much work you should already have way more than 60 subscribers. That´s not a high number at all.
This results might be a proof that I suck at marketing videos, but they don't mean that marketing is not powerful.

Let's be hones here. I'm not an expert and probably you are not too. So please do yourself a favor and ask an expert on this topic.

For some reason you really sticked to your point of view. And that's great. I have no interest in changing someone's way of thinking. So this is the end of this conversation from me (because I've already show what I know and what is my point of view + this seems to be an off-topic here). If you would like to continue then please send me a private message, or create another topic.

Have a great day Splinter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back