Get traffic on your videos from Reddit

You're a well known YouTuber known for your league content, if Purge was to post a video on /r/dota2 it would be the same, that's why as long as you're popular in your niche, you'll get a good amount of views. You only gained 200k viewers because you're already known, not because the followers in League is larger than most sub reddits. Also everyone in the League subreddit are all fake kind circlejerkers, like dota2 as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1388232256,1388232165][/DOUBLEPOST]

Don't post your videos there unless it's truly intriguing, I've seen countless videos down voted to hell because the poster was just trying to get views, that's all.[DOUBLEPOST=1388232282][/DOUBLEPOST]

Also make sure you don't look like someone who treats Reddit as a link dump.
That's not true at all, you may not know this, but I'm not particularly popular within the LoL community.
I'm known for: Being obnoxiously rude, aka being myself. Using s****y thumbnails to get more views. Putting tons of ecchi and dubstep in my videos for bonus subscribers.
Now while theese things are widely exagerated, considering that many big Youtuber's in the league community have 500k+ subs, I'm not anywhere near recognised. Most people just think of me as "that guy".

I can assure you that I have to rely on content to get Reddit frontpage, otherwise I would put all my videos on Reddit. I've only had frontpage a total of 4 times.

tons of ecchi

Holy f**k, haha. That's an idea.

But let me ask you something, will a person with 0 subscribers get to the front page of League and get 200k views? Highly unlikely. You might not be well known, but you are known. 150k subscribers is a huge number.

Holy f**k, haha. That's an idea.

But let me ask you something, will a person with 0 subscribers get to the front page of League and get 200k views? Highly unlikely. You might not be well known, but you are known. 150k subscribers is a huge number.
That's what I did, 2/4 times I got frontpage was when I had less than 1000 subs. The League community is so big, it's the most played game in the world, I'm only a small tiny spec, most people don't know who I am. Sometimes I have to play like 2-3 games to get recognised.

I made the same experience.
But reddit looks so messed up,i really dont know how that works.
But i got more views since i post my videos to reddit.

That's what I did, 2/4 times I got frontpage was when I had less than 1000 subs. The League community is so big, it's the most played game in the world, I'm only a small tiny spec, most people don't know who I am. Sometimes I have to play like 2-3 games to get recognised.

Mmm, good luck being recognized dude, you should stream more often I guess, you'll get popular streaming more.

How exactly does Reddit work? I dont know how to find subreddits that well. Are there vlog subreddits?

The problem people have with Reddit is that if you go there to only advertise, you're going to get downvoted and trolled. You could have a case where they upvote you, you get a few views/likes - OR, they could mess around. Downvote you, dislike your video and post crappy comments all over it. Which I see a lot!

I tried once but everyone disliked it hahaha. My brothers use that site. If you are not an atheist nerd they hate you :(

I've gone onto reddit a few times. It scares me. I might dive into it. I have been jumping over more with some YouTubers now using subreddits instead of a comment sections

Back