Get traffic on your videos from Reddit

TammyTTalks

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't know what I can do with reddit, but I absolutely want to know. So I will try to find out sunday when I'm free from work and have all the time I need for my channel vlogging and editing. :-D

Chaz

Just a sk8r gurl (or a gamer dude)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I Cannot find any relevant subreddits for gamers .... Reddit confuses ne

tsk1979

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks a lot for this wonderful tip. I got many views on my video. It had 200 views since many days, and then it jumped to 500 within 24 hours.
It never made it to the front page though. That would have been simply awesome!
I am still waiting for that moment when a video of mine goes viral.
Viral as in 100,000+ views in a week.

Will that ever happen?? Fingers crossed :). Once again, thanks to you.

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey,

I recently experienced 1000 views overnight which is a LOT for a new video on my channel. Here's what I did:

I went to reddit, found a relevant subreddit and posted it as a link. I started getting about 50 views every hour and my video was on the front page of that subreddit. I think many of you can achieve this by using short and descriptive titles for your reddit post and that's it.

After that you can tell your friends, and be patient about it.

I hope this helps.

-Ayush
Well you shouldn't use your video stats as a guideline for Reddit, if you had the content for a specific subreddit which had more followers, you would get more traffic. Personally I gained 200k views from Reddit alone in 2 days on my latest video.

Glutenfree4u

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Reddit is an invaluable way to tell people about your videos, just be sure you post in the correct subs.

EsiMagic

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Commentator
I find reddit to be very difficult to crack, but when you do crack it, the results are always really great. It's especially better when someone else shares it to reddit, not you or anyone with a similar username to your youtube channel.

SigmaPLUS

Hello Mineturtle.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well you shouldn't use your video stats as a guideline for Reddit, if you had the content for a specific subreddit which had more followers, you would get more traffic. Personally I gained 200k views from Reddit alone in 2 days on my latest video.
You're a well known YouTuber known for your league content, if Purge was to post a video on /r/dota2 it would be the same, that's why as long as you're popular in your niche, you'll get a good amount of views. You only gained 200k viewers because you're already known, not because the followers in League is larger than most sub reddits. Also everyone in the League subreddit are all fake kind circlejerkers, like dota2 as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1388232256,1388232165][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't post your videos there unless it's truly intriguing, I've seen countless videos down voted to hell because the poster was just trying to get views, that's all.[DOUBLEPOST=1388232282][/DOUBLEPOST]
Reddit is an invaluable way to tell people about your videos, just be sure you post in the correct subs.
Also make sure you don't look like someone who treats Reddit as a link dump.

McHugeDong

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Designer
Yeah, Reddit confuses me, too.

I don't think there is a good place on Reddit to post Minecraft videos!