Fullscreen Partnership and Small Site Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think theirs is fully custom, they would need to develop the features into it. Most forums dont allow post deletion for good reasons but editing is something all should have so I am sure they will get it.

Gahah, Well yes. Most forums are made in PHP, a web scripting language, but most webmaster's don't have the skill to edit an entire forum to do what they need.

So, you get stuck with what the creators of the PHP forum software has given you.

They dont necessarily need to have the skills, I know a forum owner who doesnt know any CSS and only a little HTML and his board is very successful, he doesnt even outsource a developer too. It is handy to have them skills though.

oh weird. wonderful explanation though.
I'm guessing it's not something you can google/youtube then copy and paste? haha.
I defs do that with html/css.

Exactly, You cant just copy an paste, as it is closer to a programming languge compared to HTML.

Example HTML:
<center><h1>HEADLINE!</h1></center>

Example PHP:
<?php
$count = 0; // Set count equal to 0
$_xval = 5;
$_yval = 1.0;
$some_string = "Hello There!";
$will i work=6; // This does not work!!!
$3blindmice=3; // Same here, does not work
?>

They dont necessarily need to have the skills, I know a forum owner who doesnt know any CSS and only a little HTML and his board is very successful, he doesnt even outsource a developer too. It is handy to have them skills though.
Exactly, sorry, I meant to say that if they plan on changing features that the forum does not have.

I'm probably in the minority on this, but 60 characters might be a lot to get cash. Would it be possible to make it 30 characters? Just a suggestion :]

I can sense the hate coming now haha

I'm probably in the minority on this, but 60 characters might be a lot to get cash. Would it be possible to make it 30 characters? Just a suggestion :]

I can sense the hate coming now haha
I agree with Bryant.

60 is around a 7th of a blog post. Isn't that a little too much to ask?

A lot of threads seem to be "intro" threads.
That is 39 characters. What else could you say beyond that? :x

One of mine:

Hey welcome to the forums, have a great stay here with us :)

That is 60 characters. It is pointless going back and forth over this, it is remaining at 60 for the foreseeable future as it isnt exactly way too many. If you really want 1 forum cash for introducing someone then you will have to adjust whatever you say when welcoming others.

One of mine:

That is 60 characters. It is pointless going back and forth over this, it is remaining at 60 for the foreseeable future as it isnt exactly way too many. If you really want 1 forum cash for introducing someone then you will have to adjust whatever you say when welcoming others.
It was just a suggestion.
I don't appreciate you throwing that example in my face, it was just an example. Your diction was kind of hostile. It's not that I want 1 forum cash for a welcome thread, it's that as a fan of being concise and terse (this post excluded), it's making people be verbose.

But as you're the administrator, I'll respect it. I just thought I could offer a suggestion. And it wasn't a "back and forth" in the way you're putting it. You gave an example, and I responded in the same exact way you replied. If you had said earlier "It will remain that way for now, as the moderators have agreed on it", I would've dropped it. But that is not the response you gave. Instead, you gave a seemingly mocking, uninformative remark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back