Full time job + youtube

Hi everyone! Anyone else out there keeping their YouTube channel plus a full time job?

I do it and would love to hear the thinkings of whoever else does it out there!

It is more having a full time job and doing YouTube as a hobby for me, but yes. I have a full time job and do YouTube on the side as a hobby. It doesn't come close to sustaining itself, so as all hobbies do, they cost money! I used to do weekly content, but I was getting burned out. Especially after the downturn of 2016 it just wasn't worth it for me to keep my upload schedule up.

I assume everybody on this site either has a job and do youtube as a hobby or are too young to have a job.
pretty sure nobody here is living from youtube yet.

I'm working on my own farm, I growth "Gurami" fish my self and I also working as a youtuber. I upload 1 video / day for my music channel and 1 video / week for my How-to tech channel.... :)

I work 50 hours a week (10 hour days Mon-Fri) but find a way to put out at least one video a day. My editing is nonexistent compared to most channels though so I know other people's mileage may vary

Yeah I work a full time job typically Monday through Friday. During the weekend and some week nights I like to create my backlog of footage that I edit and schedule to upload. That way if one week is worse than another with work, I still have footage that will come out daily. It definitely helps a lot. This past week for instance was super busy for me at work and I did not have as much time to record. Thankfully I prepared myself last week by recording extra footage.

I assume everybody on this site either has a job and do youtube as a hobby or are too young to have a job.
pretty sure nobody here is living from youtube yet.
No, there are a few full time youtuber here. @babyteeth4 for example.

I'm student + part time job. Always depends on the time of the year how much time I can spend on making videos. There are weeks were I can fully concentrate on making videos, but there are also weeks were I don#t have a single minute time for it.

I have a 40-hour a week, Mon-Fri job that is salary. I provide for my wife and 2 kids. In March, before the revenue drop, I made just about 1/2 of my full-time job's money from YouTube. This month it is more like 1/4. I still have videos going up 7 days a week.
I work full time and still manage to upload daily. I have up to 2 weeks worth scheduled ready to drop whilst i am at work.
Nice! Scheduling videos seems to be a rare thing. I have videos scheduled out to June 5 and that's after slacking off for a few months.

Reactions: EVO
Hi everyone! Anyone else out there keeping their YouTube channel plus a full time job?

I do it and would love to hear the thinkings of whoever else does it out there!

I admire your time management skills! I can't imagine working full time and doing Yt. Unless I clone another me, or get one of time machine DeLoreans to make an extra 8 hours every day.

I also have a full-time job + other fun things like orchestra and I started taking cello lessons last year lol. This site also takes quite a bit of time! ^^ All of those things eat up my time like crazy! I don't post very often anymore... But it's still fun to make videos! : D

Back